The older I get....

limblips

PREMO Member
the more things bug me. I love her to death but I have determined I cannot shop with my wife anymore.

Today it was looking for Christmas cards for the 40 year old children. For nearly 30 minutes she looked at every single card Walmart had. Had a few in her hand and then put them all back and said "These aren't what I want". The next stop was the pasta aisle for elbow macaroni to make mac and cheese for the vegetarian 40 year old. She looked at every package and brand of elbow mac they had,. Her choice? The same pasta she has bought everytime since I have known her (50+ years)! Aaaaaand off we go to the dairy area for cheese to make the mac and cheese. Looking for "Seriously Sharp" from Cabot and "Pepper Jack" from Sargento. Nope, only the Walmart branded cheeses were all they had so it means we are going to a regular grocery store for those. Next is the remembered need for "Half and Half" to make the mac and cheese., Nay, nay, no way we can use an off brand mixture of milk and cream! After my intense praying for God to either take me immediately or we are finished she remembers the disposable aluminum pans she needs for the mac and cheese.

After this almost 3 hour ordeal she says on the way home "You seem grumpy are you feeling alright?"

limblips

PREMO Member
LL, its genetic. Mrs. Greg has hung out with me for over 40 years....Been there delt with that for years. For years. Finally decided, hey, it aint killing me, let her be happy.... Now, on the way home tonite, I had the heated seat "on". About a block before our driveway, she clicked my seat "off". Why ??? Well, the seat needs to cool down before the car is parked.... (huh?) Okay... and when you back up the driveway, the radio MUST BE TURNED OFF, to minimize distractions....

Now you know why most men die 5-10 years before wives....
We may be related by marriage. Want to go get a beer someday?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
:smack:

As the wife in a 40+ yr marriage, I can tell you, unequivocally, it is you men that is the problem.

Why in the name of God did you ever START shopping with your wives? Give her all the money she says she needs and let her go to the store by herself. Sit on the couch and watch the tube. Quit being a money control freak.

Chist.

stgislander

PREMO Member

As the wife in a 40+ yr marriage, I can tell you, unequivocally, it is you men that is the problem.

Why in the name of God did you ever START shopping with your wives? Give her all the money she says she needs and let her go to the store by herself. Sit on the couch and watch the tube. Quit being a money control freak.

Chist.
I wish. I catch hell because I don't go grocery shopping. I tell her I'd do the grocery shopping but she'll have to make me a list of what to get. That makes her even madder.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Chist.

:thewave:

No woman wants her husband to go shopping with her.

limblips

PREMO Member

Chist.
She has an issue that prevents her from driving so I am husband, mobility assistant, and chauffeur. I will add money control freak to my resume.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Well see, I didn't have all that info.

I sometimes take my 98 yr old aunt with me to do her shopping, because she wants to go. It's painful. I much prefer just taking her list, I can zoom thru the store and get her list completed.

You, sir, are good to take her to the store. Do it with a smile, then come complain to us. We can take it without poisoning your food.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She has an issue that prevents her from driving so I am husband, mobility assistant, and chauffeur. I will add money control freak to my resume.

Well then you're just going to have to learn to be more patient, aren't you?

Get a game on your phone that you like. That's what Monello does when he's somewhere he doesn't want to be.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I sometimes take my 98 yr old aunt with me to do her shopping, because she wants to go. It's painful. I much prefer just taking her list, I can zoom thru the store and get her list completed.
I did the same for my 95 y/o dad. It would have been far easier and far less time to just get what he needed, but he derived real pleasure from zooming thru the store on an electric cart looking at everything. Shopping was a day out for him. He really liked the huge box stores like Sam's.

My ex on the other hand... she'd enter the grocery store on a good note, but by the time we left she was angry at the world. I hated going shopping with her, but like was said, I'd have been in far worse trouble if I didn't go. After many years I finally figure out it wasn't me she was mad at. It was the cold store. She'd get cold and get angry at it and never brought a sweater. And I'd get yelled at if I brought one for her.

I really like shopping by myself these days.

Tech

A comedian said it many years ago, women shop, men buy. We need a shirt, we go to shirts and pick one and leave. we don't stop at socks, pants, ties..........

Tech

(hmmmmm) I done learnt in Psy 101 you wimmin have passive aggressive attributes on accounta socio-academic impartations of secret romance novels and that Lume' lady that apparently has stinky problems. Did I ever tell you about the time the girl sprayed HEAT in my shoes?
My one question about Lume, are there different sticks to be used above or below the beltline?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This husband in a 40+ year marriage does most of the shopping, as his wife hates shopping.
The only time we shop together, most usually, is a bookstore.