md-clinton-ranch-1.jpg
md-waldorf-301-1.jpg

md-ftwashington-superchief-1.gif

Waldorf 301 Drive-In

June 26th, 1958 grand opening ad

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
The huge brown-paper-grocery-bags mom would fill with popcorn.

All the pillows and blanks in the back of our station wagon.

Drive-in used to be where BAE is now, right at the base of Town Creek.

Don't remember a single movie we saw, but sure remember the love of going, and being with family.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Craving one of those pre-made hot dogs in silver paper, only to sorely regret it later.

Grumpy

Actually saw ET at the Laurel Drive-In and saw Patton at Palmer Drive-In(went there alot when I was in high school). Queens Chapel a few times. When I was elementary age, went with my friends parents to Beltsville Drive-In..well before they changed over to x-rated stuff.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I remember those enormous speakers that you attached to your window. Many posts were missing the speaker because people would pull away before they replaced the speaker on the post.

I've seen drive in movies in New Jersey, New York & Texas. There use to be a drive in on the westside in Jacksonville, but I never went to it. I doubt it's still there.

In Gitmo, they have an outside movie theater. A sort of hybrid theater.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I remember those enormous speakers that you attached to your window. Many posts were missing the speaker because people would pull away before they replaced the speaker on the post.
I really liked the ones that started broadcasting over the radio. Particularly the FM stations. If memory serves me super chief was one of the ones that went that route.

Grumpy

I really liked the ones that started broadcasting over the radio. Particularly the FM stations. If memory serves me super chief was one of the ones that went that route.
Never ran across that, I remember some of them advertising car heaters (Queens Chapel?) but never went to a drive-in in cold weather.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I remember long before I could drive, a friend of my mothers took us to the Drive In. Halfway thru the movie, a dense fog rolled in. One of the densest fogs I've ever seen. Took forever to get home.

And there was a time when my friend and I could drive, and we took his Mustang to a double-feature R-rated comedy films. Wish I could remember the names of the films, but they became cult classics. One was a series of take-offs on commercials, and had Chevy Chase in one of them in a bedroom scene. LOTS of T&A and sex. My friend was a bit naive until those movies, and he could just about drive home. A real eye-opener for him :lol:

Grumpy

One was a series of take-offs on commercials, and had Chevy Chase in one of them in a bedroom scene. LOTS of T&A and sex. My friend was a bit naive until those movies, and he could just about drive home. A real eye-opener for him :lol:
Think I saw that in a theater with my ex in mid 70s but can't remember the name of it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Think I saw that in a theater with my ex in mid 70s but can't remember the name of it.
It's driving me crazy, not being able to remember the name. One movie name is two words and it just keeps slipping past me. I looked for a while on Google and didn't see it.

Found one!! "Groove Tube".
And the other was "Kentucky Fried Movie". :yay: That's been bugging me for years...

Last edited:

Grumpy

It's driving me crazy, not being able to remember the name. One movie name is two words and it just keeps slipping past me. I looked for a while on Google and didn't see it.

And the other was "Kentucky Fried Movie".

Neither are the one I was thinking of and I can't find it..it was 6 or 7 spoofs of commercials. Might have been my mood but I thought it was hilarious at the time. Laughed my azz off at Woody Allen's Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex But Was Afraid to Ask, which was out about the same time.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

And the other was "Kentucky Fried Movie". :yay: That's been bugging me for years...

Uschi Digard