The Ozone Hole: Closing the Gap

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member

After thinning at alarming rates in the 1980s and 90s, the ozone layer over Antarctica is starting to recover. Watch how ozone concentrations in the stratosphere have changed from 1979 through 2018.

Frankly, I don't see much improvement in the images to the degree they indicate (2018 looks worst than 2017), but, I'll take their word for it.

Last edited:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane.

Growing up all those years ago, "environmentalists" complained we were deforesting the planet by our over-reliance on wood/paper so plastic was a necessity. Then we were on the verge of a new Ice Age. Then the Ozone Layer was eroding and would let aliens from space attack us through the hole (okay, well, the alien part is made up).

Now plastic is bad and we MUST use wood. No chance now of an Ice Age, now we are doomed to live in a global microwave oven.

Get ready; wait for it. Soon we will hear that the reduction in the hole in the Ozone Layer is HORRIBLE. Why? No idea, but neither will the environmentalists. It'll just be, "Because."

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane.

According to my 7th grade science teacher, by now we were supposed to be in an Ice Age with the Earth covered in garbage. And, of course, all fried to a crisp because of the depleting ozone layer.

I've learned to ignore these wacks.

Yooper

According to my 7th grade science teacher, by now we were supposed to be in an Ice Age with the Earth covered in garbage. And, of course, all fried to a crisp because of the depleting ozone layer.

I've learned to ignore these wacks.
That's pretty close to what I was told.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that the Indian (sorry, Native American) on the side of the highway is still crying. He's not sure why (as this environmental crisis du jour stuff is all so confusing), but he is.

--- End of life (MCP)

Last edited:

CPUSA

That's pretty close to what I was told.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that the Indian (sorry, Native American) on the side of the highway is still crying. He's not sure why (as this environmental crisis du jour stuff is all so confusing), but he is.

View attachment 135087

--- End of life (MCP)
twice you spelled Italian wrong...

Yooper

twice you spelled Italian wrong...

Another lie they told us.

Just proving that public school indoctrination of the young works. Until I read your post I was sure the actor was..."not Italian"! That's 50+ years of believing a lie! Holy cannoli!

(As an aside, imagine the cultural appropriation squawk we'd have these days. Of course, maybe it goes the other way. As the MSM is trying push à la Smollett, it's not the actual facts that matter it's the greater context.)

--- End of the innocence of my youth (MCP)