The Paterno thing

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Does anybody know why McQueary did not rescue that child from the rape, as it was occurring?

Maybe, as Sandusky says, it wasn't a rape but 'horsing around.' Maybe it became inappropriate only after McQueary talked to his dad. Not that I'm defending Sandusky, but it was over 11 years ago and there is no written record of what McQueary reported.

Mongo53

BadGirl said:
Does anybody know why McQueary did not rescue that child from the rape, as it was occurring?
Because he's a coward.
And your theory behind the Korean War Combat Vet?

That once again, everyone seems to forget to ever mention, almost like reacting to and reporting the crime imperfectly is a far worse egregious sin then ignoring it and doing nothing at all, which doesn't deserve any comment at all?
Maybe, as Sandusky says, it wasn't a rape but 'horsing around.' Maybe it became inappropriate only after McQueary talked to his dad. Not that I'm defending Sandusky, but it was over 11 years ago and there is no written record of what McQueary reported.
I'm sure the Defense will argue that, and try to impune McQueary's character using all the emotions that have been drummed up against him.

What possible motive would McQueary have to lie about it and claim it was worse then he witnessed?

To many people assume we know all we need to know now, (NOT to say we didn't know enough to take the actions like charges and firing of some the big wigs that have happened). Do we know there is NO written record? We know McQueary reported it to the Cops, that is why the head of the Campus Police is in Legal Trouble and McQueary is NOT. Yea, I agree, if I reported such a crime to a un-uniformed head of a Police Force, and weeks had gone by and I still hadn't spoken to a sworn Investigator or filled out any paper work or complaint, I would be raising a fuss. I haven't seen anything confirming or denying it, but you'd think if such a thing existed to confirm a written record of his complaint, we'd have heard about it by now.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

That once again, everyone seems to forget to ever mention, almost like reacting to and reporting the crime imperfectly is a far worse egregious sin then ignoring it and doing nothing at all, which doesn't deserve any comment at all?
:confused:

How 'about answering the question without running down the trail of what happened after his initial viewing of the crime, and who he reported it to, blah, blah, blah.

I want to know why he didn't react then and there to a childs' rape. I think that is what most people are confused over. How could anybody turn their back on a crime in progress TO A CHILD. We see it all the time - people neglecting to call 911 to a pursesnatcher or someone witnessing petty theft in Wal-Mart. I can sorta get that....not wanting to get involved.

But I can't fathom someone witnessing a rape against a child and not doing anything to remove that child from the act and ensuring that that child is safely reunited with his parents.

It is mind boggling that someone could leave this violated child with the person performing the violation.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Really? He seems so...so..young.

Mongo53

Really? He seems so...so..young.
Ummm, NO McQueary is NOT a Korean War Combat Vet. There is another witness to another event, that walked in on the act of Sandusky abusing a child, years before McQueary did. He acted the same as McQueary, except he never reported it. Funny, what kind of message does that send, don't report it and avoid the public cruxification, but someone that does report it, well, you better have handled yourself perfectly, cause your going down. I'm sure when this all happens again, we won't see witness's afraid to come forward, Huh?
:confused:

How 'about answering the question without running down the trail of what happened after his initial viewing of the crime, and who he reported it to, blah, blah, blah.
Who isn't answering the question?

Why didn't the Korean War Combat Vet, who witnessed a similiar crime by Sandusky 2 years before McQueary, do anything to stop it and let the child leave with the abuser? Sure, I'd accept the answer that he was a good 10 years older then Sandusky and near retirement, but why didn't he report it to anyone in authority or file a complaint? Just tell his friends about it?

I want to know why he didn't react then and there to a childs' rape. I think that is what most people are confused over. How could anybody turn their back on a crime in progress TO A CHILD. We see it all the time - people neglecting to call 911 to a pursesnatcher or someone witnessing petty theft in Wal-Mart. I can sorta get that....not wanting to get involved.

But I can't fathom someone witnessing a rape against a child and not doing anything to remove that child from the act and ensuring that that child is safely reunited with his parents.

It is mind boggling that someone could leave this violated child with the person performing the violation.
Yes, it is mind boggling. Like I stated before, most people condemning McQueary do NOT realize how close he was to the entire Sandusky Family half his life, I don't know what goes through a person's mind in the middle of that crisis. Just keep in mind, he did NOT walk in on a stranger and dirty old man, quite the opposite. I would pray if something happened to me, despite the relationship with someone, the shock would NOT paralyze me into inaction, like has been reported by the Grad Assistant.

Reports from the beginning have said the abuse of the child ended when he saw them and they saw him. As we have heard, McQueary disputed the claim he just ran out and let the abuse keep going. BUT, like you said, from what facts are out there, the child left with Sandusky that evening, yea, that is a big failing.

Apparently the same happened with the Janitor 2 years before, who was a Combat Vet, and from what has been reported, he acted the same way, except, he never reported it, other then to friends and no one did anything about it.

Which McQueary at least reported to people in authority at the University, and arguably he did report it to the cops when he reported it to the head of the Campus Police (which I guess, NO one wants to think about it and bother to check, by PA Law, the Penn State Campus Police are a "REAL UNIFORMED POLICE FORCE", the local municipal police have no jurisdiction over the Campus where it happened). I suspect this is what McQueary is talking about when it was in the news that he claimed in private correspondance with friends that he did report it to the cops.

So why do we just dismiss the folks that only compounded the problem, when by the university policy, even the law, it was their job to report it to the police, or even have the uniformed officers below them start an investigation?

Last edited:

Mongo53

Mmm...could he have wanted Sandusky's job as assistant coach? :shrug:
Ummm, Sandusky was Already Retired and Replaced. Sandusky had emeritus status, that is why he was in the locker room for the Football Team.

Considering how the only Coach more famous and respected then Sandusky in Penn State football is Paterno, I think that is greater argument for inaction of the 2 witness's of abuse in the act, then a Grad Assistant thinking he could lie and cheat his way into replacing one the biggest coaching legends at Penn State, after the guy already retired.

All I can say is that's why we have trials, so the accused don't get judged until all the evidence is presented before an unbiased judge/jury with procedural rules to follow.
Yes, I totally agree. But, there is a lot of damning evidence, enough IMO to judge the folks that should have acted on reports and instead didn't do enough, at this point there would have to be some massive conspiracy with the prosecutor and grand jury that the folks fired for their inaction turn out to be vindicated in the end. Even if everything is turned on its head and we find out all the facts were wrong and tons are missing, and Sandusky ends up being found innocent, the reports, even we find they were false, were serious enough they were still handled incredibly badly.

Last edited:

Mongo53

Who showers with young kids? That right there is unacceptable...
If you are basing your prosecution on that, prepare for big time FAIL. Its unacceptable in normal social norms, BUT it has to be illegal to get a conviction.

Sandusky might have hurt his case big time with that interview, he does come off as a creep that makes you scratch your head and say, who the heck would act this way on national tv, he must be guilty.

At the same time, everyone said the same thing about Michael Jackson when he did interviews asking about all the young boys and what he did with them at the neverland ranch. Look how that trial turned out.

Instead of emotionally trying to out do each other in our outrage, maybe folks out to look at the facts and what facts and evidence will be needed to convict him. Oh, what am I'm saying, lets all go back to destroying the star witness, and watch the Michael Jackson prosecution play itself all out again.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Here ya go sweet cheeks! McQueary is chompin at the bit for his story to come out.

A source familiar with the state investigation of child sexual-assault allegations against former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky tells ESPN's Tom Rinaldi that Mike McQueary stopped Sandusky's alleged rape of a boy as young as 10 years old that McQueary witnessed in 2002. Penn State Nittany Lions scandal -- Mike McQueary stopped alleged assault, source says - ESPN