Votes: 1 5.3%
  • None of the Above (give examples)

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I went on a great date with a gay guy once - he masterminded the whole thing. Dinner at the Lighthouse Inn, followed by a moonlight dessert by the water at SMC. He had brought a little picnic basket in his car with wine, crystal glasses, cheese and fruit. We were enjoying the date until we got rousted by campus cops, but event hat was fun. It was an incredibly romantic date - but again, the guy was gay so no romance followed.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by Lilly
Movies and clubs are out because there is not enough one on one time where you are forced to talk to eachother. Dinner can be good as long as you are both comfortable. I have been part of some awkward conversations over food though!!

I think it should be something that both people enjoy like a sporting event, art or history museum, zoo or aquarium or a carnival or amusement park like Migtig mentioned. If you can come up with something like that - that both parties are interested in there will immediately be something in common and conversation will flow easier!

Exactly!

Some other options...
- going out for ice cream
- poetry reading/coffee house
- taking a walk
- going fishing (in a group)

Like Vrai said... I'd prefer the first outing to be a group deal. It'll put the situation at ease... and it won't be so awkward... things will flow better...

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I went on a great date with a gay guy once - he masterminded the whole thing. Dinner at the Lighthouse Inn, followed by a moonlight dessert by the water at SMC. He had brought a little picnic basket in his car with wine, crystal glasses, cheese and fruit. We were enjoying the date until we got rousted by campus cops, but event hat was fun. It was an incredibly romantic date - but again, the guy was gay so no romance followed.

I don't get it... if he's gay...why would he go on a date w/ u?

:crazy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

I don't get it... if he's gay...why would he go on a date w/ u?

Because I'm fun! I think he just wanted the romantic atmosphere without fear of an actual entanglement.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Because I'm fun! I think he just wanted the romantic atmosphere without fear of an actual entanglement.

I'm sure you are fun Vrai... wasn't implying otherwise.

hmmm... it's just strange to me...
I mean... I wouldn't want moonlight dessert, picnic basket with wine, crystal glasses, and cheese and fruit... w/ a woman... hell, I wouldn't even want it w/ a man who is only a friend.... that much mushiness with someone you are not romantically interested in??? I can't fathom the concept.

Of course, hanging out and doing UN-mushy things is a completely different story... it's just a matter of enjoying the company... and having fun.

romance w/out romantic interest just doesn't make any sense to me... If a guy who doesn't interest me romantically tries to create a romantic atmosphere, it makes me wanna :barf:

Don't mean to be rude, but it sounds as though your "gay" friend might have been confused about his sexuality.

romance

One of the sinners
Prefect first date

Don't laugh cause Im being serious..

A perfect first date for some hick like me would be:

4wheeler riding through the mud
Grill a few hamburgers or hot dogs
Take a ride to the campground and swim a little
Then Take a nice long ride in his Full size 4x4 Ext Cab Chevy with 38's on it and chromed out.......

Ummmmmm lol

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Prefect first date

Originally posted by romance

Then Take a nice long ride in his Full size 4x4 Ext Cab Chevy with 38's on it and chromed out.......

Ummmmmm lol

Hey that sounds like a great date to me too.......:D

bknarw

Attire Monitor
We go to a very expensive restaurant.
She pays the bill.
She's quiet, but beautiful.
She compliments me a lot.
She says "Are you into football as much as I am?"
She feeds me strawberries dipped in chocolate and peeled grapes.
All-night sex.
She leaves immediately afterward and says "I don't wanna crowd you, so I'm going home to bed. Call me if you feel like it sometime (and really means it) Do you mind if I bring my gorgeous girlfriend along next time?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin
Don't mean to be rude, but it sounds as though your "gay" friend might have been confused about his sexuality.
Could be - apparently I didn't make the cut, though, because he didn't even try to cop a feel. :lol:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by bknarw
We go to a very expensive restaurant.
She pays the bill.
She's quiet, but beautiful.
She compliments me a lot.
She says "Are you into football as much as I am?"
She feeds me strawberries dipped in chocolate and peeled grapes.
All-night sex.
She leaves immediately afterward and says "I don't wanna crowd you, so I'm going home to bed. Call me if you feel like it sometime (and really means it) Do you mind if I bring my gorgeous girlfriend along next time?"

Bk,

That is too funny but I don't believe there's a single girl like that out there. I'll keep my eyes open for you! :D

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by SxyPrincess

Bk,

That is too funny but I don't believe there's a single girl like that out there. I'll keep my eyes open for you! :D

Couldn't you even just TRY? You know, just for kicks?
Oh, and with a french maid outfit?
:D