The Playoffs

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Miami has a better conference record than New England therefore they win the division and go to the playoffs.

New England needed Miami to lose to get in.

The Jets needed New England and Miami to lose to get in.

Dang it.. cheap way to earn a way into the playoffs after tie.

The QB's should meet at the 50 yard line and duke it out, last man standing goes.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Dang it.. cheap way to earn a way into the playoffs after tie.

The QB's should meet at the 50 yard line and duke it out, last man standing goes.
Check that. They're tied with conference record. However, Miami has a better common opponents record.

puggymom

What kind of fan are you? I rooted for the fish to beat the NY Brets today...I think they will beat the Ravens...but then what...yes I sat in a house with several Bills fans today and we were and will be rooting for the Phish. Believe that...go get them Ravens.

Oh we have not given up! Like I said we were 1-15 last year with that one W against the Ravens. Just being realistic here.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Philadelphia @ Minnesota - winner faces Giants in divisional round

Atlanta @ Arizona - winner faces Carolina in divisional round

Baltimore @ Miami - winner faces Tennessee in divisional round

Indianapolis @ Denver/San Diego TBD - winner faces Pittsburgh in divisional round.

Good games. Discuss.

Vikings vs Giants...Giants wins.

Arizona vs Carolina...Carolina wins.

Ravens vs Tennesee.. I want the Ravens but the Titans are probably gonna get this.

Denver vs Pittsburgh.. Pittsburgh of course.

Good game possibilites.. Ravens vs Steelers or Titans vs Steelers. Carolina vs Ravens...Hell as long as the Steelers or the Ravens are in there, I'm happy:cool:

mdeclipse03

You know what? I know the Ravens will beat the Phins next week but after going 1-15 last year to #1 in the AFC East this year I am more than satisfied.

Thats a good way to be positive here! Anything can happen. I still cannot see how Favre is going to the Pro Bowl while Pennington did not even get placed on the ballot. Pennington should be a nominee for MVP, he has more class that Favre does. Favre didnt even shake hands after the game was over, he went crying into the locker room. Feel bad for the Jets (o wait no I dont), now they have to deal with the retirement saga.

Go Dolphins!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Ok, I've been on the road all day.. what happened to Miami/ New England that Miami is going and New England is going home?
Both teams split their games 1-1. Division records were both 4-2. Miami's conference record was 8-4, New England's was 7-5. Miami gets in. Common opponents isn't looked at until after conference records are compared, I believe. Either way, if common opponents was looked at first, they would have been tied. 3-1 with division opponents (Jets/Bills), NE was 3-1 against the AFC West and 4-0 against the NFC West. Miami was 4-0 against the AFC West and 3-1 against the NFC West. That means they were both 10-2 against common opponents, 11-3 if you count the games against each other, but both lost to their opponents from the AFC North and South. NE played slightly better competition (Indy/Pitt) than Miami did (Balt/Houston) so if it had come down to strength of schedule, NE would have gotten in.

Oh we have not given up! Like I said we were 1-15 last year with that one W against the Ravens. Just being realistic here.
Go Fins! They could realistically win. I don't see why not.

Additionally, Miami will NOT play Tennessee should they win. It goes by seeding. The 3 seed (Miami) would play the 2 seed (Pittsburgh). Should the Ravens win (6 seed), they would play Tennessee (1 seed). The 4/5 game plays the other team, based on who wins the 3/6 game.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

You know what? I know the Ravens will beat the Phins next week but after going 1-15 last year to #1 in the AFC East this year I am more than satisfied.

All this Floridian has to say is:

GO DOLPHINS! :dye::yahoo::dye:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Beaver-Cleaver

Carolina vs. Pittsburgh would be an awesome Super Bowl. :yay:

puggymom

Thats a good way to be positive here! Anything can happen. I still cannot see how Favre is going to the Pro Bowl while Pennington did not even get placed on the ballot. Pennington should be a nominee for MVP, he has more class that Favre does. Favre didnt even shake hands after the game was over, he went crying into the locker room. Feel bad for the Jets (o wait no I dont), now they have to deal with the retirement saga.

Go Dolphins!

OK yes Pennington is great and he has done amazing things for the Phins---there is no way they would be in the playoffs without a great QB.
But I cannot believe Farve got in over Rivers!!! Doesn't Rivers have the highest QB rating in the NFL right now? And what does Farve have? The highest interceptions?

And feel bad for the Jets....:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

Beta84

They're out to get us
Carolina vs. Pittsburgh would be an awesome Super Bowl. :yay:
First to 14 wins? Or would that take too long? Better make it 10.

OK yes Pennington is great and he has done amazing things for the Phins---there is no way they would be in the playoffs without a great QB.
But I cannot believe Farve got in over Rivers!!! Doesn't Rivers have the highest QB rating in the NFL right now? And what does Farve have? The highest interceptions?

And feel bad for the Jets....:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

yeah Rivers is #1, I think Pennington finished #2. Favre finished with 22 INTs I think, well ahead of anyone else who was allowed to play the entire season.

Beta84

They're out to get us
By the way...did the Dolphins break the record for fewest turnovers in a season? I heard a few weeks ago they were around 7 away from the record and they didn't have many since then.

puggymom

First to 14 wins? Or would that take too long? Better make it 10.

yeah Rivers is #1, I think Pennington finished #2. Favre finished with 22 INTs I think, well ahead of anyone else who was allowed to play the entire season.

Did Pennington finish that high? Wow...you are getting my hopes up a bit more here.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eff the Steelers :lol:

j/k

I don't like Pittsburgh but since most of my friends are from Pittsburgh and root for the Steelers, I think I'd be content with a Steelers win :buddies: