The President's Speech - Did He Hit A Homerun?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Kerry's record is...

...sitting there like the 800 pound gorilla in the room. The media, who set what we're talking about on a day to day basis, are going to bury it for now because if it is addressed, the race is over and they have no ad space to sell.

Men you are talking about, like your dad, went to do a job. I think it is clear that Kerry had other things in mind and I think it is clear that he was gambling on the stoicism of vets, like your dad, to not make a stir out of it.

The shame of this is Kerry could have acted like your father and merely let his service speak for itself and saved us all the pain of having to go through those years again.

Kerry and this miscalculation alone makes him a terrible leader.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
sleuth said:
For some reason, his "stand with me" comment really stuck in my mind...

"The freedom of many, and the future security of our Nation, now depend on us. And tonight, my fellow Americans, I ask you to stand with me."

I think he really believes that if John Kerry is elected, everything we've done since September 11th will be undone, and all those people's deaths will be in vain.

I tend to agree. And I really wish people would remember September 11th, and how they felt. How they stood firmly in the position that America will prevail, and those responsible for this attack and for all terrorist attacks will be held accountable.
:howdy: Sorry I'm late responding a day, but among all of you, a paragraph by Sleuth sticks out for me: well, really, the first three; I can't think of a better testimony to our President, and a solemn reminder of what we could be letting ourselves in for, if J. Effing Kerry is allowed to ascend to to the highest office in the land.

I just don't think I can stand with a man like J. F. Kerry, who would ONLY enter an offensive conflict to defend our country's security with the UN's approval, and not until he got it.

"I think he really believes, if John Kerry is elected, everything we've done since 9/11 will mean nothing, and all those people's deaths will mean nothing."

And I agree wholeheartedly with you, Sleuth, and with President Bush as well.

Face it, we could be a smoking hole in the ground, before Kerry decided it was necessary to act.

The guy is a DOVE, for crying out loud!!