the pursuit of nature

daniel

Well that we will all agree on, we (and i mean jimmy, andwhat, and our whole circle of friends) are GNR fans. I really don't listen to much post 1992 music.

It funny cause if we go to a bar and throw some cash at the juke box, it is ussually a lil GNR, and the less talented hair bands Bon Jovi, Poison etc etc etc. and every time most of the bar will sing along loudly, dance etc etc. hip hop just can't compete.

ok now i am really done for the day....i should have been gone 10 minutes ago but can't get enough of you yahoos!

don't forget to protect your head, wear a helmet; buckle up; and never leave you kids unattended near water. just a lil more safe kids for ya jimmy!

jimmy

Drunkard
Vrai--

Hahaha! Do I get out w/friends and laugh and have fun??? Holy crap yes I do! That's about all I do, come to think of it...

Yeah I take some of this stuff seriously but (a)it's hard to judge a tone on this board (especially when you are laughed at for your ideas and being young) and (b)I really like debating so I tend to take the arguements we get in on here seriously...

Perhaps at Christy's party, we can get a better feel for one another on this board and not have so many misinterpretations as we'll have a better judgement of character to go on! :)

Oh and Sweet Child O' Mine is perhaps the greatest opening riff to any song ever...what other song can just play those first, jumping notes and just have everyone fire up at the same time!!??? :dude:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jimmy
what other song can just play those first, jumping notes and just have everyone fire up at the same time!!??? :dude:

Freebird by Skynard, to name just one.

jimmy

Drunkard
Ken,

Possibly. But even Freebird doesn't have the intensity that Sweet Child's opening riff brings...

No doubt freebird is a crowd pleaser, though! :cheers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Jimmy,

Why make it an arguement? You like GNR, I like something older (because I am), no better no worse. I didn't even get into some of the other tunes by some of the greats like Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Eagles or others from my younger days. All of which will pull me and some of us older folk out of our rocking chairs and shake the arthritis from our bones. Sweet Child is a really good song but it doesn't have the memories of my youth attached to it. Therefore for me it doesn't get my juices going.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jimmy
Perhaps at Christy's party, we can get a better feel for one another on this board and not have so many misinterpretations as we'll have a better judgement of character to go on! :)
Well *ahem* we COULD have. However, SOMEONE was a no-show! And we did have a conversation about opening riffs and "Sweet Child O Mine" was seriously outvoted.
:lmao:

jimmy

Drunkard
Yes someone was a no-show...sorry about that. Spent the day golfing on Kent Island and Daniel, Golden, Zossima and I were far too drunk to make the drive back down...hey at least we were responsible.

Andwhat backed out b/c of his girlfriend (weenie) so the whole gang wouldn't have been there anyway. I'd still like to meet up in some capacity. Perhaps a happy hour or something...glad to hear you all had fun and it's a shame you all were so wrong with your voting....:D

jimmy

Drunkard
Ahhhhh, it was great! 80 Degrees, sunny, $8 for 9 holes and all the Keystone Light we could drink...we managed to piss off the old people running the course with our severe lack of skills, but other than that, just a great time!!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde

Well *ahem* we COULD have. However, SOMEONE was a no-show! And we did have a conversation about opening riffs and "Sweet Child O Mine" was seriously outvoted.
:lmao:

How did Sweet Home Alabama do?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pretty good! When it was mentioned, several people started singing it..."turn it up..."

"Walk This Way" was a contender, several ZZ Top songs were mentioned...between Christy and I, we probably had every song ever written on MP3 so we should have had a "riff off".
:lol: