the pursuit of nature

daniel

Well Jet monkey, like every college and every organization there is a plethora of personalities, backgrounds, and characters at St Mary's. If you feel you had a bad experience there, I am sorry. Maybe you just ran into the lax team :D (hehehe just kidding, couldn't resist).

After attending four years there like jimmy, andwhat and zoss I have had a range of experiences with the students, faculty and staff. I would say the 95% of those experiences were possitive. Of course there are plenty of people i did not care for and some of them I would consider snotty elitists. But they were the vast minority and I can't begin to tell you how many different wonderful people I got to know there. I have friends from 7 classes, including my own, that cover almost every personality you can imagine. They, more then the education, have affected my life.

I am not sure who you ran into and spent time with there and why they have left you with such a negative feeling. It is possible that they were snotty elitists but perhaps you just had a bad opinion of the school going in which caused you to get defensive and ready to have a bad time. my guess is that you were just trying to pick fights; being confontational, argumentative, cocky and rude in an unfamiliar place...just like you tend to be on this forum. No one like an a$$ so if you acted like one, you were probably treated like one.

After reading some of your posts I would put money on the problem being you, not the college.

andwhat

Way to go Danny. Even though some people still think you and I are the same person way to go. You get one beer for that one.:cheers:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Just a thought . . .

Am I the only one wondering why it is the very people who complain that their opinions are being "censored" are the very ones that won't accept anyone else's??:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by daniel
my guess is that you were just trying to pick fights; being confontational, argumentative, cocky and rude in an unfamiliar place...just like you tend to be on this forum. No one like an a$$ so if you acted like one, you were probably treated like one.

That doesn't really explain why some of you had a positive experience, now does it? (Sorry, Daniel, couldn't resist)

andwhat

Vrai, i'm going to answer for Dan, my alter ego along with jimmy and zoss and anyone else i happen to agree with, maybe seasquirt too, b/c we are all a bunch of a$$es and thats why we all get along so well. As for Lilly, on this subject i would venture to say that we have a bit more experience in this matter than jetmonkey and that's why we're jumping on his opinion. notice he never said "its my opinion that its a snotty little liberal arts college" He said its a snotty little liberal arts college without supporting in anyway and presenting something as fact w/out any proof. Exactly what he accuses all of us of doing. Thats why he gets and agry face. :mad: That and he attacked and insulted our home. thats just not right.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Be true to your school...
Just like you would to your girl...."

I'm on a song roll today - Sierra started it with that "Interjection" business...

Also, I think we can safely say that Jet's description of St. Mary's College students was his opinion - no need to preface...

daniel

Vrai, you are right that paragraph did not say anything about why most of my experiences were positive. it was my guess as to why monkey's was so negative.

it is hard to explain in a forum thread why i had such a great time but i will say that what andwhat, and jimmy said about our friends is true. We have met some amazing people at that school. and they will be a part of my life till......well until i out live them all (just a lil inside joke).

Christy

b*tch rocket
:bawl: How moving! It's like the liberal version of "Band of Brothers"! :bawl: Can someone hand me a tissue? :bawl: The comraderie, the love, the loyalty and dedication! Do you guys kiss each other goodnight before you go to bed? :kiss: ;)

And before y'all get your bowels in an uproar, I'm just teasing you! I couldn't resist!
:D

jimmy

Drunkard
Yeah we all got pretty close there...and although we're all in different areas (DC, County, B-more, Cali, Nap-town..Uh...NJ? (chewie, right?)) we have managed to stay in contact and hang almost every weekend if we can.

We love this type of stuff cause it's a LOT like what we got out of classes there. Plenty of people from different backgrounds and with different ways of looking at the world...challenging teachers and others in our class when we disagreed; telling eachother when our eyes were opened to something new....

Plus, a good deal of sitting on our back stoops, drinking Shlitz Malt liquor (Blue OR Red depending on the mood) playing guitar and just generally enjoying ourselves.

It was a great time in all our lives and this is why when someone just verbally sh*t's about something they no nothing about, it tends to tick us off....

I'd reccomend that anyone take a swing by campus or the Green Door and really see what the college folk are like. I think most of you with negative opinions would be surprised at what you find...

andwhat

christy,depends on how much we've been drinking. Wait that was supposed to be a secret. Damn, Hessian's going to have a field day with this one.

G

giggles04

original post by jimmy:
It was a great time in all our lives and this is why when someone just verbally sh*t's about something they no nothing about, it tends to tick us off....

I'd reccomend that anyone take a swing by campus or the Green Door and really see what the college folk are like. I think most of you with negative opinions would be surprised at what you find...
------------------

nice comment.... and that is so true. His comments really upset me, and as a student I know that other students would be upset to know that people in this county think of us in that way. I do say, come on down to the campus when school goes back (September 2nd) and find a party. You'll find what type of people go to St. Mary's College. That is what our campus is all about.... diversity. No two people are alike on that campus, and thats what makes me go there. :)

jimmy

Drunkard
"No two people are alike on that campus, and thats what makes me go there"--

Well none, that is, except for myself, Zoss, Daniel and Andwhat, who have become so similar that people actually think we're one in the same person....I still find that endlessly amusing...

andwhat

I too find it funny jimmy. But you still don't get to bang my girlfriend. Now if you'll excuse me, Daniel and i have to start getting ready for plugging hector and daniel's hector tonight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's touching, it really is. And thanks, Jimmy, for the invite but, at 38, the very last place on Earth you'll find me is on St. Mary's College campus or at the Green Door. My next college visits will be when we decide on my daughter's future home.

And, Giggles, I'm sorry that everything upsets you so much.

jimmy

Drunkard
Vrai, there's plenty of ol--er---um---mature people at the door when we're there! (sorry, couldn't resist!) :D

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Oh come on, Vrai! My boyfriend's 33 and he still parties like a rock star at the Door! Well, not like jimmy, andwhat, and daniel....

jimmy

Drunkard
"Squirt", I've seen him pretty damn housed before...but you're right; no one in their right MIND would try and party as hard as us bozos...how are we all still alive? (can you say Cinco de Mayo?)