the pursuit of nature

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Defensive, defensive. All I said was that I, let me repeat that, I will not be gracing the Door with my presence anytime soon, if ever again. Ya'll have a good time, though. I used to like it there back in the day. Now I'm ol...er...mature and find it tedious. Which is not to say that you, Cariblue and Seasquirt, are immature - merely that the Door doesn't hold the same charms for me these days. Nor does it mean that I do not go to bars of any caliber - just not that one. And by "caliber" I don't mean that the Door is a rear-echelon type of establishment, merely not my scene. And by "scene" I don't mean.....

jimmy

Drunkard
Wow, Vrai. That was the LEAST offensive statement I've ever heard from anyone!! :lmao: I don't think I've heard a better covering of all bases before someone could get offended in my life :)

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I usually sit on the ping pong table if I'm not playing darts, but I suspect that, after the next St. Mary's RFC alumni weekend, the legs on that thing will not be too sturdy!

andwhat

After the last RFC alumni Weekend I'm suprised you're brave enough to sit on that thing wihtout worrying about catching some weird disease only found in livestock and ruggers.

andwhat

i thought that was the other thread. I'm all kind of confused now. all the different threads are just turning into one big blur. But yes I get the last word again.:cheers:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I read that they have opened the bar and the outside tables and plan to reopen the dining room in the next couple of weeks - YEA!:cheers:

jimmy

Drunkard
Monkey,

THere's a difference between tolerance for your views and asking you to explain something you said which I, and many others who went to SMC, find offensive.

You stated your experience and have shown that you are qualified have an opinion of SMC. I still have NO idea how you managed to get that feeling from that institution but, hey, each person's experience can vary greatly.

However, my issue with you is that YOU ALSO seem to be presenting your OPINION as FACT; the very thing you constantly 'FLAME ON' about when you see it coming from those in my "Ilk".....I love that by the way....hear that guys? You all is my b*tches!!!

Statements like "you can go tour our snotty little liberal arts college" are exactly as stupid and uncalled for as anyone making a "smib" reference on this board.

I'm not originally from this area but I certainly love it. I'm not thrilled by the amount of conservatism I've found but I still love living here...I don't know if it was ME to whom you were referring when you said that people on this board bash the "county"...because I certainly don't.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at SMC and that it's tainted your view of those who attend or have passed through there. But I would caution you, just as you would me, to be careful how you phrase the opinions you have, if you want your views to be "tolerated" or aknowledged.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Actually "SMIB" doesn't seem to be used as often as "Slack-Jawed Yokel".

But I'm not saying who uses it!

:lol:

andwhat

Monkey, so you've been tot he schoola nd taken classes and even graduated. Thats great and I even agree with your snotty elitist views of the administration. However, I still find it hard to believe that you found the student body elitist or snotty in anyway. Thats the thing about liberal arts colleges, all inclusive. They were and are designed to attract a myriad of people who learn about many different subjects. See different.

And I challenege you to find a student body on any campus (besides maybe Cal-Berkely but that isn't even true anymore) that is more accepting and welcoming than SMC. That was one of the greatest things about St. Mary's (no offense to the county) but you are in the middle of no where with 1200 other people your age, you have to accept everyone. SMC was a community and a family for all of us. I'm still going to go with Daniels idea that you went in with preconceived notions and thats why you didn't like it. If SMC wasn't the place for you (and Lord knows its not for everyone) than come out and say it. But to accuse the college of being made up of snotty elitist students is quite simply a load of horse crap.

I'm also going to throw out that since you are from the county, you already had a preconceived notion of SMC. Its no secret that many of the locals don't like the college or the students who go there because they are different. After our little "riot incident" the headline of the local paper was "Pampered Preppies call Police ****** Cops and Uncle Toms" Hmm if that doesn't display a general animosity towards the college and the students in the county then you are obviously in denial.

And finally, you must not have ever became a part of the SMC community and bought into the ideals b/c anyone who would skip graduation to go to HFStival is a freakin idiot. Of course I can't back that up in anyway but then again you've never backed up your claim that St. Marys is full of elitist snotty students. no particular incident just said you've been there and its full of snotty elitist students which is the furthest possible thing from the truth.

andwhat

Well now that you're saying that it was all a big joke I gotta say its not funny. Especially since you attact our snotty elitist little liberal arts college for absolutly no reason. The people who were commenting on the pace of the county were not students at St. Mary's at least that I know of b/c never was it brought up untill you brought it up.

How about as you and I are talkign I suddenly start bashing women for absolutly no reason. thats kinda what you did. I think we've all grown weary of you just trying to get a rise out of people and then coweing away when a vast majority don't agree with you, at least on this point. So from now on I will consider this thread dead and you are simply wrong. so take that. Nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in donkey poop.

cherokee

:bandit: Hello everyone. This is my first post to SOMD. I'm moving to St. Mary's Co. next week from NE Penn. I'm moving near Greenwell St. Park in Hollywood. Anyways, I was in Maryland a few weeks ago when I was looking for a new house and I picked up a copy of the St. Mary's Today. I think that's what's it's called. I was quite shocked at the contents.......more DUI arrests than I've ever seen, I woman (I think) dressed as a Confederate calling for the end of Yankee Carpetbaggers (like myself), and some old country guy writing about putting queers on a millstone. Well, it's nice to see that freedom of speech still exists in America, but I really wonder if this newspapers views are shared my the majority of the population of St. Mary's Co.?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cherokee
I was looking for a new house and I picked up a copy of the St. Mary's Today. I really wonder if this newspapers views are shared my the majority of the population of St. Mary's Co.?

That paper is like the "National Enquirer of St. Mary's Co" --to be read for entertainment purposes only. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cherokee - welcome to the neighborhood, I'm around the corner from you.

As for that "paper" (which I use lightly), its a rag and sheer entertainment, unless of course you are the one he targets!

:bawl:

cherokee

:bandit: Alright! I'm glad that I didn't get a bunch of posts back saying how queers must die and my yankee-ass should stay in PA where it belongs! I figured that newspaper was just out of it's mind. I'm very excited about moving to MD next week. As of now, I don't plan on staying in MD more than a few years, but who knows, I may love it and stay longer.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Uh, jetmonkey, the Green Door DOES still have a green door. I think it didn't for a couple of days because they had to replace the door itself, but it went right back to being green. Now the whole building is green, too.

I don't have the same "world views" as jimmy, andwhat, and daniel, but I did know them all during college and our paths crossed often. I assure you, my "college experience" was very different from each one of theirs, but we all loved it there... until they put in that stupid BASEBALL STADIUM!!!:D