the pursuit of nature

andwhat

Vrai and Kyle, Hey the a=b,b=c, a=b thing was jimmy, not me. And I never said that amazon.com wasn't losing money. This whole thing started with me simply asking for proof that the St. Mary's today was losing money b/c jetmonkey said it was. So I simply asked him to prove it. nothing more or less. Thats is. Oh and I find right-wing conspiracies to be much less entertaining than directly in the middle conspiracies.

Christy, let me restate what i meant about the military. It does not turn people into mindless drones and does not attempt to destroy each persons individual talents. I would say that it does promote some level of individuality but only within a certain set of rules. My fault for not clarifying.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
The paper is fronted by a politically powerful former State's Attorney who uses it as his personal forum to try to manipulate county politics.

St. Mary's County has a tradition of newspapers springing up to bolster someone's political ambitions. Anybody remember the Guardian or the Countian? I don't know if the Tide falls into that category or not.

But St. Mary's Today has always had a "sugar daddy." There were two others before the person you mentioned. One had a longstanding vendetta against the Enterprise.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Good G*d Almighty!

Now we have the St. Mary's College version of the Borg lecturing everyone on the subject of "Individuallity"!

If that isn't a hoot!!!

:roflmao: :lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I wasn't slamming you whiny boy! :bawl: Stop being so sensitive, I'm going to start thinking you're a sissy! ;)

Any job you have in life will require you to put your "individuality" up on the shelf until you get home at night to serve the "Collective".

Your friend must have a pretty soft brain if his individuality was "trained out of him". Oh that's right, he is a Marine, all brawn no brains, so it's a pretty easy thing to train out that individuality! Oh and shut up! Before you even get offended by that comment! I, as a prior Air Force chic, have my license to bash any other service but my own! It's in the rule book! :moon:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
... Oh that's right, he is a Marine, all brawn no brains, so it's a pretty easy thing to train out that individuality!...

C'mon Christy! Semper Fi!

Gimme an Oooo-rah!

;)

Christy

b*tch rocket
Semper Fi Kyle, you know you Marines have always made us Air Force girls weak in the knees! :kiss: One thing you gotta give the Marines is their good taste in women, they always go Air Force! :roflmao:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Sorry to disappoint you, Tonio, but you, vrail and I are all full of sh*t, haven't you been listening to our dark liberal overlords from St. Mary's College who are smarter than everyone else and know all?

With self-righteous people, the political affiliation doesn't matter. The Sunday morning talk shows and op-ed pages are full of these people, because they crave the spotlight so much. The same goes for a lot of activist organizations.

Picture this: In an alternate universe, the folks who run PETA wear leather jackets and toss Big Macs at vegetarian celebrities. But they're still trying to shove their beliefs down everyone's throats. And in that universe, Pat Robertson is a gay Wiccan, but he's still convinced that everyone who doesn't hold his beliefs is going to Hell.

jimmy

Drunkard
Dark Liberal overlords...jesus, now you guys are just getting off on yourselves.

And for christ's sake, Christy, I'm not as deeply offended as you seem to think. Really, all that happens, is I see something posted that, were we to be in a conversation, I would comment on...it's not like I'm sitting here stumpy, fuming, trying to grow my bad goatee with my balding hair pulled back in a pretentious ponytail :)

And monkey, monkey monkey. God you think you've got it all figured out don't you?? You've got me pegged dead on and you just know where I'm coming from on every issue and what I really mean when I say anything....damn...how insightful.

This, my astute commrade, is an ONLINE FORUM! How can you suppose to know anything about me and my feelings from this? I feel how I feel about certain issues and I express some of those feelings here but you are NO ONE to be telling me, or anyone, what I really mean or what the impetus behind any of my statements are.

Speculate all you want but your "we all know, give it up" attitude is just silly and, considering the medium through which we are expressing these views, borderline retarded.

Lastly I wish you all knew our friend 'Wooze'--the marine officer. If ever I have met a more intelligent, unique, caring and committed individual, I didn't recognize it.

"Trained out" was the way he described what the military ATTEMPTED to do to he and his class. In some cases, it worked; in others it didn't. But that fact certainly spoke more to the character of the PERSON than it did the intention of the PROGRAM.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dark Liberal overlords...jesus, now you guys are just getting off on yourselves.
Yes, we are. I thought it was a great line - and that's just my personal opinion and cannot be proved with a legal document.
I'm not as deeply offended as you seem to think.
You gave a great impression! Bravo!
This, my astute commrade, is an ONLINE FORUM! How can you suppose to know anything about me and my feelings from this?
Duh, Jimmy, you say it straight out. Unless what you write isn't really how you feel...

and lastly:
Lastly I wish you all knew our friend 'Wooze'--the marine officer.
Jimmy, most of us are 30- and 40-something. We know Marines, some of whom we've known for many years. Marines are nothing new to us - just you. I swear, you're like a baby discovering his fingers and toes!

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Jimmy, is this "Wooze" who I'm thinking of? Whose last name sounds like something dirty? He's an OFFICER in the MARINES?! Holy crap!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
...and lastly: Jimmy, most of us are 30- and 40-something. We know Marines, some of whom we've known for many years. Marines are nothing new to us - just you. I swear, you're like a baby discovering his fingers and toes!

:roflmao:

You nailed it Vrai! Now I have to clean up the coffee I spit all over the keyboard on that one!!! :lol:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

jimmy

Drunkard
"and lastly: Jimmy, most of us are 30- and 40-something. We know Marines, some of whom we've known for many years. Marines are nothing new to us - just you. I swear, you're like a baby discovering his fingers and toes!"--Vrai

So what does that even mean?? Through explainng my friend's situation, how have I expressed any sort of bewhilderment in regards to Marines? Sometimes I think you just like to make what you think are poignant comments to make yourself feel clever...what did that even mean?

Anyway it still doesn nothing to discredit or even speak to the idea of the relative individuality of either college education or military training....

So if anyone wants to continue the actual discussion instead of putting out weak jabs and spilling coffee....

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
This is just an "aside" note, but I'm pretty amazed at the people I know who are or who become Marines, and I think I still will be after I get older and I've known them for years. Talk about discipline, self-sacrifice, and being worthy of respect! I don't think I could ever do that. Wow.

But I'm very proud of all my friends who have chosen to go into the Armed Forces, regardless of the branch. Hooray!

daniel

Jimmy,

it is very obvious that due to your young age your opinion are not valid. I mean how can you offer an opinion about the armed services because you have friends that are in them.....these 30-40 year olds have know marines longer, and seen the 'real' world. You my good buddy ole pal, are just idealistic and naive. when will you learn, i mean once you are older you will realize that instead of defending your opinion all you have to do is try to discredit someone elses because they are younger.

But at least you offer more to this then Kyle, he simply adds the smiley faces and laughing icons in support of jetmonkey, vrai etc. So young and idealistic maybe, but hey, at least you have developed your own opinion not just learned how to use the icons.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sorry those little smiley faces bother you so much little fella!

Maybe, when you too get a little older, these little things won't annoy you so much!

:lol:

P.S. I have made my opinions known in these forums and really don't have the time or desire to continuously repeat myself.

Of course I am aware of how pervasive "A-D-D" is in younger generations so maybe I'll have to make allowances for the Borg children!

;)

Last edited:

andwhat

Kyle if you refer to star trek one more time I'm going to start thinking your 135 and still living in your parents basement.

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
kyle, I'm not sure why you think they are the "borg children" - they just seem to share a similar opinion and are defending it. Perhaps you feel they aren't defending it very well, but that doesn't mean they've been "assimilated". I personally had a great time at St. Mary's College. I don't feel it's any more snotty or elitist than any other college. If some people are of that opinion, then that's their opinion. I'll defend mine, but I certainly won't insist that yours (or anyone's) is wrong in this matter.

However, I do see a lot of changes being made at the college that I think are really, really crappy. But then that's pretty much the doing of the Board of Trustees.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by andwhat
Kyle if you refer to star trek one more time I'm going to start thinking your 135 and still living in your parents basement.

Actually being a more modern show I guessed it's something you'd recognize as opposed to the Stepford reference earlier.
:)

In either case since the "lot" of you seem to have absolute and identical points of reference, rite'in skilz, and this strange idea that those within your group are the only ones who "understand" the world as it is...I get a blast out of your idea that anything you gathered from college is real and us dullards out here in the real world don't understand the way things are. :lol:

Kids! :)