The re opening of churches

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I received a call from the business office of our church and was asked if I would be interested in helping with the implementation of the re opening plan for my parish using the guidelines from the CDC and the archdiocese, I readily accepted the request.
We had an organizational meet Friday evening and I know this is the right thing to do. I feel that getting the houses of worship opened for regular services will go a long way towards helping the mental struggles some people have faced.
My only real concern is having at risk people show up. We cannot turn them away but I do hope that if they felt concerned enough to NOT go shopping for groceries, that they would not show up at Mass.
At any rate, the churches re opening is a good thing and I hope that the state can see this as such and commit to moving us into phase 2 of re opening.

kom526

Just curious how that works, are pew's being blocked off, the number of services increased?
Yes to both. A Catholic priest can only celebrate 2 vigil masses and 3 Sunday masses, and since we share a priest between 2 churches, we could only add 1 mass. No altar servers, no lectors and no Eucharistic Ministers. We modified the ingress and egress for the Mass and we changed the traffic pattern for Communion.
Luckily for us we have a very young priest that has plenty of common sense and has a very good grasp on technology as he has implemented more of an online presence for the church.

PeoplesElbow

Let that be their concern. If they went to the grocery store and Walmart, they should be able to go to church.
One of a churches job is to take care of it's people, I wholly agree it's not Walmart's job, but the church is supposed to guide people.

kom526

Let that be their concern. If they went to the grocery store and Walmart, they should be able to go to church.
That's why said if they did not feel comfortable going grocery shopping then they need to stay home. When Father does mass this weekend this will be one of the points he is going emphasize.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll bet people will be really glad to get back to their social and spiritual life. The sermon, sure, but they have to be looking forward to seeing their church family more than anything.

kom526

I'll bet people will be really glad to get back to their social and spiritual life. The sermon, sure, but they have to be looking forward to seeing their church family more than anything.
Hell, I was happy to see the others Father called on to carry this out. Daily masses open to the congregation start on the 25th but the 30th will be the first test.

Hijinx

Just a couple of thing.
Communion will take longer.
The longer people are around each other the more at risk they are.
Maybe he will cut his sermon short .LOL

kom526

The limited restrictions of phase 1 included churches at 50% and social distancing. We are definitely still in phase 1.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The limited restrictions of phase 1 included churches at 50% and social distancing. We are definitely still in phase 1.

You know, there are SOME pastors who are giving Big Brother the old yuck foo.

Just sayin'.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our priest is 33, on his first assignment and he has 2 parishes to handle. Pretty sure he isn't go Evel Kenievel just yet.

I would come there and take care of chit for him. No charge.

Seriously, I don't even freaking believe in God and I'm tired of this crap. And when you have legit atheists taking your religious part, that's when you know it needs to get real.

Hijinx

You know, there are SOME pastors who are giving Big Brother the old yuck foo.

Just sayin'.....

Catholics do not have control of their parish's. Neither does the assigned priest.
We are run by edicts from on high notably, "The Archdiocese".

The Archdiocese tells us when to close our schools,when to change our priest, when to have one priest for two church's, and how much money we send to them. They let us make the small decisions like when to cut the grass. It's one of the things that bothers me,but there is little that can be done about it.
I say little can be done,but in reality nothing can be done.If the "Archdiocese decides to close the Church down it's closed, and that's that.
We have had some really good priests, and learned to really like them and poof they are gone.
This young man is very personable,and appears to enjoy being here. He has a tough job made worse by the restriction of the Virus and the fact that during the virus our finances have been skewed. I wish him well and intend to help[ him in any way I can.

Hijinx

You buys your ticket, you takes your chances.

Those who are frightened or sick should stay home and watch services on TV.

kom526

Ok, first in person Mass is in the books. I was expecting a lot more people than what we had but it was good to be back in the church. I think we had around 25 plus the celebrants, so it’s a start. The new traffic patterns inside will take some getting used to for the older folks I think but it will get better.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ok, first in person Mass is in the books. I was expecting a lot more people than what we had but it was good to be back in the church. I think we had around 25 plus the celebrants, so it’s a start. The new traffic patterns inside will take some getting used to for the older folks I think but it will get better.
Did the congregation sing? I'm hearing some churches are not having singing and responses from the congregation.