The Rookie

GopherM

Darwin was right
ABC needs to stop trying to save their dog of a show, Rookie Feds, by tie-ins to The Rookie before they ruin a perfectly good show. Rookie Feds is a hack show with mediocre acting (at best) and constantly linking it to a really good show can only damage the good show.

SamSpade

ABC needs to stop trying to save their dog of a show, Rookie Feds, by tie-ins to The Rookie before they ruin a perfectly good show. Rookie Feds is a hack show with mediocre acting (at best) and constantly linking it to a really good show can only damage the good show.
Agreed. We all like "The Rookie" and my wife and I are just plain Fillion fans. We thought the "pilot" looked cute (an episode of The Rookie) but the show has been just awful - and the only time we watch it IS when they do a tie-in spillover type show. It still gets me this woman's skills as a high school guidance counselor makes her a first rate agent. My recollection of guidance counselors was that they were paid to do damned near nothing.

Clem72

It still gets me this woman's skills as a high school guidance counselor makes her a first rate agent. My recollection of guidance counselors was that they were paid to do damned near nothing.
I feel like when I went to school they did a little. They tried to match your skillset to a career and provide you guidance towards obtaining that career.

Now they just hand you pamphlets for whatever university you ask about.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Agreed. We all like "The Rookie" and my wife and I are just plain Fillion fans. We thought the "pilot" looked cute (an episode of The Rookie) but the show has been just awful - and the only time we watch it IS when they do a tie-in spillover type show. It still gets me this woman's skills as a high school guidance counselor makes her a first rate agent. My recollection of guidance counselors was that they were paid to do damned near nothing.
Even the tie-ins are getting too lame to watch. We watched about half of the one this week when they went after the psycho narco-biatch in Mexico and had to give up. There is just NO logic at all or continuity throughout the entire show. ABC is trying to give CPR to a zombie.

SamSpade

Even the tie-ins are getting too lame to watch. We watched about half of the one this week when they went after the psycho narco-biatch in Mexico and had to give up. There is just NO logic at all or continuity throughout the entire show. ABC is trying to give CPR to a zombie.
Yeah, saw that. No real continuity just a single character who played a marginal part to the story. You’re right, it’s just a means to get people to watch the show.

The NCIS shows do crossovers well.