The U.S. Open at Olympic

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is a fantastic Open! I don't recall one where so many people were so bunched up at the top. A bunch of people a few strokes from the lead and NO ONE is going to run away with this today and have one of those 6 under rounds, getting hot and winning. It's going to be all about making par and trying to find a bird or two to cover the bogey's you ARE going to take.

Great stuff if you like competition!

Beau knows golf. Beau knows pressure (or rather, maybe he doesn't). But most of all, Beau knows bounce-back.

mamatutu

mama to two
Beau knows golf. Beau knows pressure (or rather, maybe he doesn't). But most of all, Beau knows bounce-back.

What an amazing kid! Love the fact he is still in braces:smile: The men in my fam are golfers (I try:lol:), so we have kept up with the Open since the beginnning. Also, love the story about Casey Martin.

John Z

if you will
I shouldn't have recorded it yesterday, I was watching on delay, trying to catch up. It was 1130pm before I got to the end. Nice snap hook on 16, Jim Furyk. :cussing:

What an amazing kid! Love the fact he is still in braces:smile: The men in my fam are golfers (I try:lol:), so we have kept up with the Open since the beginnning. Also, love the story about Casey Martin.

With golf, try is all anyone can do. I was rooting for Casey Martin as well. A decade or so ago I was conflicted about his situation, but I had no such (internal) conflict this time around.

Webb Simpson: I didn't see that one coming.

I hope Lee gets one or three of these majors someday. I also hope Sergio gets some. He's an incredible ball striker, perhaps the best of his generation. I don't know what he has to do to get his putter insecurities out of his head.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Webb Simpson: I didn't see that one coming.

I hope Lee gets one or three of these majors someday. I also hope Sergio gets some. He's an incredible ball striker, perhaps the best of his generation. I don't know what he has to do to get his putter insecurities out of his head.

Westwood I can see winning in the next year or two. He's got the talent and experience and game. Sergio, no way. How can a player who, admittedly, simply isn't all that interested in winning do much? Especially a player whose real weakness is the one thing you MUST have to win an Open, putting?