The US Government is About to Change Table Saws FOREVER!

Clem72

Beyond the safe tech, Sawstop is an excellent saw. I'd still rather have a PowerMatic though.
I have two table saws, neither has an auto-stop type function. But if it were cheap I would have one. My old man lost half his thumb to a table saw and both of my wood-shop teachers in school were missing fingers, so I have a healthy respect for the blade.

PeoplesElbow

I have two table saws, neither has an auto-stop type function. But if it were cheap I would have one. My old man lost half his thumb to a table saw and both of my wood-shop teachers in school were missing fingers, so I have a healthy respect for the blade.
Grandfather lost two fingers to a jointer.

The Grrippper is a game changer IMHO.

Clem72

Grandfather lost two fingers to a jointer.

The Grrippper is a game changer IMHO.

129 bucks? I think I will stick with my two plastic push sticks, my fingers aren't worth that much.

glhs837

Power with Control
Beyond the safe tech, Sawstop is an excellent saw. I'd still rather have a PowerMatic though.

And I'm sure its fine, but forcing people to buy them is some BS. Once I found they were lobbying state legislatures to make them required, I raised a firm two finger salute.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
129 bucks? I think I will stick with my two plastic push sticks, my fingers aren't worth that much.

When I bought my table saw 20 yrs ago, I bought something to push the wood past the blade

A healthy respect for the blade, and always being aware of where my fingers are

Clem72

When I bought my table saw 20 yrs ago, I bought something to push the wood past the blade

A healthy respect for the blade, and always being aware of where my fingers are
That's what my push sticks are, about 15 inches long and notched so they get decent grip on most stuff that isn't awkward shaped. But that's a far cry from a $129 plastic block that still keeps your fingers within a couple inches of the blade.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
1708129795325.png

PeoplesElbow

That's what my push sticks are, about 15 inches long and notched so they get decent grip on most stuff that isn't awkward shaped. But that's a far cry from a $129 plastic block that still keeps your fingers within a couple inches of the blade.
The Grrripper does something that no push stick can, it keeps both sides of the cut secure and prevents kickbacks while making a good cut of the wood much more likely. Most finger injuries on a table saw happen during a kickback.

There are lots of knockoffs available, even a 3d printable file. I didn't pay anywhere near $129 when I bought mine about 10 years ago, I'm thinking I paid in the $60 range.

SandieGarry

The Grrripper does something that no push stick can, it keeps both sides of the cut secure and prevents kickbacks while making a good cut of the wood much more likely. Most finger injuries on a table saw happen during a kickback.

There are lots of knockoffs available, even a 3d printable file. I didn't pay anywhere near $129 when I bought mine about 10 years ago, I'm thinking I paid in the $60 range.

I bought 2 on clearance at Lowes. Never did like them. Still don't use them.