• After the storm.jpg
    After the storm.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 216

devinej

you don't want to see mine, you just see teh back of kmart....lol

nice pics though, love the colors!

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Here is a picture from my side bedroom window after all that rain my pond has some water in it!!

Attachments

• pond with water June08.jpg
    pond with water June08.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 192

BeenSpur'd

Wild sky! You have a very pretty place...

This is my backyard last week...

Thank you, that is one nice view you have. Unfortunately, my dad sold the rest of his part of the farm around me and a housing development is going in, you just can't see them very much in the summer. I've worked very hard on my farm doing most the work by myself since I moved to the abandoned corner of the family's big farm in 1987. It was nothing but a jungle and all I had was a chainsaw, a wheel barrel and some hand tools. I would even put fence posts in by hand when I was up to eight months pregnant:) Someday it will be done and I'll be too old to do anything but sit on the porch and look at the view, with a stiff drink in my hand and a smile on my face:)

BeenSpur'd

sounds like you've worked real hard for your place! it looks real nice

Thanks, yes I have, it's a labor of love so I wake up every day ready to take it on. I also help out other horse farms when I can but had to slow down the past couple of years and work smarter. Can't do much in the heat or the cold wind. Give me spring and fall any day:)

BeenSpur'd

Congrats on your hard work for a BEAUTIFUL picture with BEAUTIFUL SPOTS in the picture!:cartwheel

Thanks, I do love spots too. When my mini Pintaloosa filly sheds out I'll take a picture of her and post it. She is my heart and very smart. She is staying very petite, I'll have to stick her some day and see how tall she is:)

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Thank you, that is one nice view you have. Unfortunately, my dad sold the rest of his part of the farm around me and a housing development is going in, you just can't see them very much in the summer. I've worked very hard on my farm doing most the work by myself since I moved to the abandoned corner of the family's big farm in 1987. It was nothing but a jungle and all I had was a chainsaw, a wheel barrel and some hand tools. I would even put fence posts in by hand when I was up to eight months pregnant:) Someday it will be done and I'll be too old to do anything but sit on the porch and look at the view, with a stiff drink in my hand and a smile on my face:)

Oh wow...Your place is so pretty. It wasn't that long ago I was doing hard work around here while I was pregnant... The work just never seems to stop on a farm. When you need something done it seems like you're the only one that can do it sometimes. It's so rewarding though.
We have a small development that went up around our farm right after we bought it.. the first thing we did was plant a row of lelands along one side so we didn't see them.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

You've done a great job. Such a pretty picture, the only thing missing is my Blue Roan Leopard appy in your field!!! LOL

mingiz

Horse Poor
You've done a great job. Such a pretty picture, the only thing missing is my Blue Roan Leopard appy in your field!!! LOL

BeenSpur'd has worked very hard for her farm and it is a very nice farm. I helped a little bit back when BS first got the place..Maybe someday BS will ride again...And if the chance comes there will be a roan with spots there....:buddies: A collector of spots BeenSpu'd is...oh and lil boots:killingme

BeenSpur'd

BeenSpur'd has worked very hard for her farm and it is a very nice farm. I helped a little bit back when BS first got the place..Maybe someday BS will ride again...And if the chance comes there will be a roan with spots there....:buddies: A collector of spots BeenSpu'd is...oh and lil boots:killingme

Mingiz, I've been riding my new appy around the farm and drive around. Got him down to that deer stand on Physic Hill trail when someone started shooting guns and it scared him bad. I was yelling to whomever that there were horses and riders and they shouldn't be shooting on a Sunday but they didn't stop. I think I'm going to need another rider with me next time I go down that way:) He is slow and sweet and I like him lots. He is a big baby boy that loves attention. I just wish Spec treated him better. You should hear Spec cry when I'm riding Bandit. I can hear him from everywhere on the farm. I can't do any four hour rides anymore so I'm sticking to short ones. I love the woods and taking in the scenery and marvel at nature at it's best. I've also been hitching Show Boy up every night it isn't too hot and driving him around. He is doing so well and is such a huggable spotted boy. I'll be bringing him up to Western Branch Farm soon to drive around there. Gots to go pick up my kids from drill practice and then take the daughter to the mall for her birthday. How was the trip to CA?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

:shrug::confused:

BeenSpur'd

Hey Been Spur'd, haven't heard from you in a while. The farm looks great!!

Howdy back at you. You would of heard from me sooner if I had only known who you are. I think I have a clue now, check your e-mail. Thanks, 'Been' working hard as usual but taking more breaks to keep away from the surgery that Dr. Cox wants to do on my back. 'Been' making some benches for my farm and Western Branch Farm and 'Been' thinking of new projects to occupy my mind:) :howdy: