The Wonder Years to reboot this time with a black family

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
With Hispanics being the 2nd largest group in America, I'm confused why they don't get featured in the reboot. Will the dad work at NorCom? Will a Winnie be the son's love interest? I doubt the kid will wear a NY Jets jacket. I bet he's a Raider's fan or just be straight NBA fan.

Famed director Lee Daniels will executive produce and Fred Savage, the star of the original series, will direct a reboot of the hit program -- this time built around a Black family, ABC announced Wednesday.
The half-hour comedy will focus on how a Black middle-class family in Montgomery, Alabama, "in the turbulent late 1960's, the same era as the original series, made sure it was The Wonder Years for them too," the network said.

SamSpade

One Day at a Time came back with a Latino family.

In its defense, it's better than the original, because I never cared for Norman Lear shows. Like, at all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The reason they jack a known success instead of simply making it a new show is because they know they can get people to tune in for at least the first few episodes. If they did something original they'd be blowing crickets.

GregV814

Reboot Barney Miller:
The precinct gets overtaken by local BLM activists led by Mustafa, ( Chris Rock) Whose wisecracking jokes about whitey eating quiche and their kids attending pre-schools!! Wojo, the brainless polock, can’t unlock the bathroom door, the laughs never stop until they shoot Barney in the head.