There’s This Thing Called Due Process That We Ought to Try

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Due process means a chance to have your say, to tell your side of the story. We all used to accept that everyone has a right to make their case. Now, sometimes that may be hard – if the Five-O catches an axe murderer with a dripping hatchet and a tatt on his forehead that says “I (heart emoji) Mayhem” and he just starred in a YouTube video titled, “I Just Went On An Axe Murder Frenzy” he’s probably going to have an uphill battle to acquittal. But it would never occur to us not to tell him the charges, and to let his lawyer ask questions and call witnesses in front of an impartial judge and jury. Due process is not about a result but about giving everyone a chance to tell his side of the story.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...led-due-process-that-we-ought-to-try-n2556405

transporter

When you have no defense, you attack the process.

In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't a court of law. But that's not your propaganda outlet's point is it? The point is to muddy the waters with irrelevant bullshit.

Hijinx

I would guess that after this fiasco it will take a long time for Democrats and republicans to work together in a way to pass new legislatioon.
Schiff by censuring other Congress people and not allowing questions o\r allowing one Congress person to pass some of his time to others IMO is doing a good job at pissing off his fellow Congress people.

limblips

PREMO Member

In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't a court of law. But that's not your propaganda outlet's point is it? The point is to muddy the waters with irrelevant bullshit.
Irrelevant? You are stupid enough to bring up irrelevancy? Three "star" witness, none of whom had any relevancy nor did they have any first hand knowledge of anything related to the sham investigation. Damn you are an idiot.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may...

Uhhhh, listen dingle-berry, it really is a court of law. The House of Representatives, ignorant as they may be, are the court, and the law, being the Supreme Law, the US Constitution, are selfishly invoking said Constitution to prosecute the President for their own gain. Due process, is the act of allowing a defendant, upon a showing of, [truthful verifiable], evidence, to defend oneself against an overzealous government. What the Democrats want here, in this instance, in essence, is a simple Bill of Attainder issued against the President. Which, thank the all mighty, is not allowed, abolished, goes against, per the US Constitution. Bill of Attainder: A bill of attainder is an act declaring a person guilty of some crime and punishing them, without a trial. This would be a democrats wet dream. Thankfully, our founders ridded us of that English mid-evil Henry the 8th type BS legalistic, 'I'll get my enemy no matter which way, and make it seem Noble and legal', and nullified that English atrocity.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Do you think the people refusing to testify will have warrants out for their arrest then?
I don't know what the Constitutional provisions for failing to appear before Congress, (The House of Representatives, or the Senate), are. However, by all measure, the House of Representatives, is a court, when it comes to the impeachment of a sitting President. Since you appear/seem to be the legal scholar here, can you answer your own question?

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I may...

Uhhhh, listen dingle-berry, it really is a court of law. The House of Representatives, ignorant as they may be, are the court, and the law, being the Supreme Law, the US Constitution, are selfishly invoking said Constitution to prosecute the President for their own gain. Due process, is the act of allowing a defendant, upon a showing of, [truthful verifiable], evidence, to defend oneself against an overzealous government. What the Democrats want here, in this instance, in essence, is a simple Bill of Attainder issued against the President. Which, thank the all mighty, is not allowed, abolished, goes against, per the US Constitution. Bill of Attainder: A bill of attainder is an act declaring a person guilty of some crime and punishing them, without a trial. This would be a democrats wet dream. Thankfully, our founders ridded us of that English mid-evil Henry the 8th type BS legalistic, 'I'll get my enemy no matter which way, and make it seem Noble and legal', and nullified that English atrocity.

Henry VIII was on the tennis court when he was told Anne Boleyn had her head cut off, and kept playing. Wow. Maybe, he didn’t like that she had three breasts. https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-An...at-but-do-you-think-Henry-found-it-attractive

Last edited:

SamSpade

In case you hadn't noticed, this isn't a court of law.

You're making the point for us - of course it is not - otherwise, Trump WOULD get to have his side represented.

It's not court, it's political theater, and the sooner we all get that - including the press - we can dispense with the high and mighty calls to the Constitution and being above the law and all that. The Dems and their allies in the press can then STOP the sanctimonious calls for patriotism and bravery and move on from what is a kangaroo court.

They can't even pin down WHAT they want to charge him with. Like the Mueller probe, it is STILL a fishing expedition, and only die-hard lefties and their animosity towards Trump can't seem to see it. If this was about TRUTH or JUSTICE, you'd want it all on the table for all to see. But it's not, it's about getting Trump, and as canny as the Dems are - they're going to lose this everywhere.

Because the smart political move at this point would be to let it drop.

One is - they really can't remove him from office. Even if by some miracle they DO, they cannot keep him from running AGAIN.

But two - if they proceed to a House vote and move to a Senate trial - it will take weeks or months. Trust me - the Senate Republicans will make SURE of that. What do you think that will do for the Senators running for President, who cannot campaign during that time? What do you think it will do to Biden, who's taking further hits in the polls AND his dirty laundry WILL be exposed in a Senate trial?

If they're smart, to get rid of Trump they need only BEAT him next fall - and historically, incumbents WIN when the economy is this good.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You're making the point for us - of course it is not - otherwise, Trump WOULD get to have his side represented.

It's not court, it's political theater, and the sooner we all get that - including the press - we can dispense with the high and mighty calls to the Constitution and being above the law and all that. The Dems and their allies in the press can then STOP the sanctimonious calls for patriotism and bravery and move on from what is a kangaroo court.

They can't even pin down WHAT they want to charge him with. Like the Mueller probe, it is STILL a fishing expedition, and only die-hard lefties and their animosity towards Trump can't seem to see it. If this was about TRUTH or JUSTICE, you'd want it all on the table for all to see. But it's not, it's about getting Trump, and as canny as the Dems are - they're going to lose this everywhere.

Because the smart political move at this point would be to let it drop.

One is - they really can't remove him from office. Even if by some miracle they DO, they cannot keep him from running AGAIN.

But two - if they proceed to a House vote and move to a Senate trial - it will take weeks or months. Trust me - the Senate Republicans will make SURE of that. What do you think that will do for the Senators running for President, who cannot campaign during that time? What do you think it will do to Biden, who's taking further hits in the polls AND his dirty laundry WILL be exposed in a Senate trial?

If they're smart, to get rid of Trump they need only BEAT him next fall - and historically, incumbents WIN when the economy is this good.

Interesting that you brought up political theater. I just posted this in another thread. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/how-impeachment-hearings-can-be-best-understood-using-shakespeare

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What do you think that will do for the Senators running for President, who cannot campaign during that time? What do you think it will do to Biden, who's taking further hits in the polls AND his dirty laundry WILL be exposed in a Senate trial?

In the Senate REPUBLICANS Control the Narrative and get to call Witnesses ... little Adam Schiff should be the 1st witness to explain his communication with the Whistle Blower before the complaint was filed

And those Senetors get pulled off the Campaign Trial unable to ask any questions ...... YEP That's Right, No Senator is asking questions if they want a question asked,m that have to pass the question to the Sgt At Arms ... missing weeks of potential campaigning time

Democrats really are not thinking this through ..... but hey Orange Man Bad

Biden's Will be exposed at the end of the day