Thief!

TPD

the poor dad
Someone told me they spotted a truck/trailer with pallets in the parking lot of the liquor store in Great Mills this morning. Anyone else notice it? Not there now - just checked the traffic camera.

Clem72

Do you have any basil? We are having the hardest time trying to find fresh basil. LW said she would start growing her own if she had to.

You could buy an aerogarden. Comes with a couple types of basil and they grow crazy. I was throwing tons of the stuff away every day.

1stGenSMIB

Why would someone steal pallets? What would be be used for besides firewood?
You have not been back in the county since the Dew Drop turned itself into the Last Drop have you? They have 246 (I asked) dissected pallets for wall coverings. I have a friend in PA that did a pallet wall in their bathroom too.
Personally, I always liked to have one pallet in my garage to store my stove pellets up off the concrete floor..but I always got one when I bought them by the ton.

PJay

You could buy an aerogarden. Comes with a couple types of basil and they grow crazy. I was throwing tons of the stuff away every day.

I love growing herbs. Wondered how well the aerogarden worked. Thanks.

black dog

Free America
You need to see my garage walls.

Word of knowledge if you dont know, when using pallets at home it pays to make sure the have a stamp that says "HT" on them. They have been heat treated for bugs.
Its easy to bring termites or some hard fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals into your environment with lots of pallets from unknown sources.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Word of knowledge if you dont know, when using pallets at home it pays to make sure the have a stamp that says "HT" on them. They have been heat treated for bugs.
Its easy to bring termites or some hard fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals into your environment with lots of pallets from unknown sources.
When I first started reading up on pallets and pallet sources I read that. Luckily I was able to get all my pallets from my job and the only thing most of them carried was paper.

black dog

Free America
When I first started reading up on pallets and pallet sources I read that. Luckily I was able to get all my pallets from my job and the only thing most of them carried was paper.
View attachment 156315

Good, most dont know.
I see stuff in the places we work with spills and damaged frieght and most pallets go in the recycle trailer for future use.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Last night at 10:45pm someone stole all of our wooden pallets stacked behind the store. About 10 of them. We just put in new security cameras in the last 2 weeks so still trying to get location and lights right, but based on the picture, appears to be a 4 door dark colored Chevy pulling a 2 axle trailer. Yup like any other pickup rolling around the county. The trailer was loaded with pallets so I wasn’t his first stop. Keep your eyes open. Not a big loss but a thief none the less!
This may explain why there's a lot of pallet thieving going on. Might need to start chaining them together.

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

This may explain why there's a lot of pallet thieving going on. Might need to start chaining them together.
that makes sense. I know our vendors have been on us to return pallets more so than usual.

TPD

the poor dad
Thx everyone- the suspect has been located and contacted by the St Mary’s County Sheriff’s Department. Suspect contacted me today and offered compensation or return of pallets. I am satisfied with the outcome and pleased with the sheriff’s department quick response to this.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Thx everyone- the suspect has been located and contacted by the St Mary’s County Sheriff’s Department. Suspect contacted me today and offered compensation or return of pallets. I am satisfied with the outcome and pleased with the sheriff’s department quick response to this.
Outstanding. :yay: