Thing of beauty (guys only)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Perfect set up, two pigeons in one of our smaller barns. Knew they were in there. This particular barn, when they come out, they come out over the barn yard (free fire zone, plenty of down range open field).

So, I load four shells, walk up to the near side, perpendicular to the wide open end, come to low ready, step into the opening, facing away from barn, birds to my back, I chirp and, like clock work, they take off out the door. I waited about a three count as the left one came up over the big barn into open air, couldn't have been 20 yards and, classic, feathers everywhere. Fell like a stone. Number two, klack, klack, banks hard right to get away from the blast and, about a two count, he is, wait, well up over the power lines, maybe 25 yards now, blammo, splash two.

Was quite proud of myself. Picked 'em up, off into the dumpster, where all good pigeons belong, and went back and walked through the shots again to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Perfect. Safely away from buildings and wires. Could not have been any better.

I had a nice heightened sense of well being the rest of the evening. Waxing pigeons will do that for a feller.

:dye:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Perfect set up, two pigeons in one of our smaller barns. Knew they were in there. This particular barn, when they come out, they come out over the barn yard (free fire zone, plenty of down range open field).

So, I load four shells, walk up to the near side, perpendicular to the wide open end, come to low ready, step into the opening, facing away from barn, birds to my back, I chirp and, like clock work, they take off out the door. I waited about a three count as the left one came up over the big barn into open air, couldn't have been 20 yards and, classic, feathers everywhere. Fell like a stone. Number two, klack, klack, banks hard right to get away from the blast and, about a two count, he is, wait, well up over the power lines, maybe 25 yards now, blammo, splash two.

Was quite proud of myself. Picked 'em up, off into the dumpster, where all good pigeons belong, and went back and walked through the shots again to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Perfect. Safely away from buildings and wires. Could not have been any better.

I had a nice heightened sense of well being the rest of the evening. Waxing pigeons will do that for a feller.

I found an old pic of you as a kid.

Attachments

• imagesCAMONKTW.jpg
    imagesCAMONKTW.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 144

bcp

In My Opinion
It was a nice story.
but could have been better if they were feral cats.. of course, you might have missed them by aiming so high.

E

EmptyTimCup

:buddies:

what adult beverage did you enjoy as you basked in the limelight of your accomplishment

reminds me I still have a family of Ground Hogs to get ride of

nobody really

I need a nap
stray pigeon?

how does a pigeon end up as a stray on Tri County animal shelters website?

Animal Listing

you sure you weren't killing somebody's pet pigeons, maybe this one fled in terror and got picked up by animal control.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It was a nice story.
but could have been better if they were feral cats.. of course, you might have missed them by aiming so high.

Well, that and I really can't throw a cat, feral or otherwise, accurately enough to hit a flying bird or, frankly, hard enough.

I just don't have the arm I used to. :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
I got a LOT of ground hog...eviction...to do.

What can be better than a case of beer, a bag of pork rinds and a .308 sitting on the back porch waiting for the ground hog to pop his little head up.

Whack-a-Mole real time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What can be better than a case of beer, a bag of pork rinds and a .308 sitting on the back porch waiting for the ground hog to pop his little head up.

Whack-a-Mole real time.

Talk about over kill. How about a simple .22 LR? And I hate pork rinds.

:lol:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Pigeons, groundhogs, feral cats.

Yes, the livin' is easy in Southen Maryand.

Don't forget to celebrate with 10oz. Buds.

bcp

In My Opinion
Talk about over kill. How about a simple .22 LR? And I hate pork rinds.

:lol:

well, I dont have a 22,, but I have the .308, also have the beer and the deck, and I enjoy a good pork rind now and again.

oh, I also like red mists

Ok, how about my 243 bolt action? that any better?

Last edited: