Things that should be illegal

Escalade14

Go Rams!
May be illegal BUT, definitely not enforced:

People who have Historically tagged vehicles that use them as daily drivers.
To piggyback off of your reply, I would also like to add people adding historic tags to commonly seen daily cars such as older model Honda Civics. Like those common cars are "historical"

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I tagged my S10 Historic so I could drive it "legally" while fixing little things which aren't actual safety issues. It's not driven daily, but quite often. It is indeed historic though. Count how many 2nd gen S10s there are still on the road. Many went to obammy's cash for clunkers.

OccamsRazor

I tagged my S10 Historic so I could drive it "legally" while fixing little things which aren't actual safety issues. It's not driven daily, but quite often. It is indeed historic though. Count how many 2nd gen S10s there are still on the road. Many went to obammy's cash for clunkers.
Hmmm...

OccamsRazor

:pete:

I never said I was legal, but it's registered and insured. What's the beef? I wouldn't drive an unsafe vehicle. If I hit you, damages are covered. The vehicle isn't going to cause the accident. :sshrug:
The thread topic is "Things that should be illegal." I merely pointed out something that is illegal and widely abused yet, not enforced.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The thread topic is "Things that should be illegal." I merely pointed out something that is illegal and widely abused yet, not enforced.
Why yes, yes you did. Please excuse my interruption. I feel more strongly about it than you do probably. I know why most people abuse Historic plates. It's because they're too damned cheap to repair and maintain their vehicles. It bothers me especially, when I see a Tercel or Civic running Historic plates. They usually have state issued insurance or none at all, to boot. Carry on. ✌

glhs837

Power with Control

Meh, outside of contractors using them as overladed work trucks, the amount of harm is pretty low. See below.
My personal favorites are the Historic F-250s with the business stickers on the doors. Often towing trailers with lawn mowers or ladders and construction supplies :rolleyes:

OccamsRazor

Meh, outside of contractors using them as overladed work trucks, the amount of harm is pretty low. See below.
Those, and every other sedan, small truck, etc. that has them. I see dozens every day on the road. Not only are they making all of US pay more for registrations (as this drains the revenue) but, it also puts more of us at-risk due to un-maintained vehicles on the road.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Lowes has Halloween animatronics on one side of the isle, Christmas animatronics on the other side. I swear my head was going to explode......
And the grocery stores have an overload of all things punkin spice.. :blech:

Side note about Lowes: the workers were putting out the Christmas decorations, and one turned to me and said, "If you see what you want, get it right now. I've seen the shipments and trucks, there's very very limited stock."

Grumpy

And the grocery stores have an overload of all things punkin spice.. :blech:
say-pumpkin-spice-one-more-time.jpg