Thinking back to 1978 or 79....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We had a smoking section when I went to Chopticon HS - class of '77.
You missed the most epic year at CHS, or is that CPH? We put 'That 70s Show' circle to shame! We had up to a dozen or more people some days.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Lack of Morality
I'm going with lack of attention. People these days live their entire lives on line and their psyche cannot stand the idea of their pettiest thoughts not being "liked". The people of my generation even the most outgoing are wallflowers compared to this generation add to that they are not allowed to learn how to fail and you have a powder keg.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Being at school from a pickup truck with a shotgun mounted in the back window, while carrying a Case Pocket Knife, Pulling the pack of Marlboros in my shirt pocket out to put the deck of cards we were playing poker with at the cafeteria table, head outside to the designated smoking area.

Vs. Now.

Helicopters, Swat Teams....
Thank a Liberal for passing laws to fix problems that not only didn't exist, but created the exact problems they were supposed to solve.

Not one Gun Free Zone, or Gun law since the 70's has helped anyone.

Remember, the 70's, Post Offices and Federal Building were the only Gun Free Zones, and guess where all the shootings were? Remember, "going Postal!"??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I will share one thing that kind of worked. When they allowed kids to smoke they would sneak off to smoke pot. When they made smoking illegal on HS campuses, they snuch off to smoke cigarettes and pot near disappeared.

Teenage thought process.. doesn't matter what it was, it was cool if it was agianst the rules.