Thinning hair

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My hair started falling out - like, a lot, way more than normal. The good news is I started with a ton of hair, so losing some wasn't the catastrophe it could have been but I still didn't like it.

The black girls have the solution to this - they face breakage and hair loss because their hair is fragile and the styles they do don't help matters. They said to use a shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment specially formulated for black lady hair loss. And guess what? In just a week there's a noticeable difference. Now I shed like normal instead of big handfuls. Not sure about growth, but I'm definitely losing less hair.

Specifically I used this:

And this:

And this (plus the conditioner):

Apparently peppermint is the key. Castor oil was also mentioned as a hair grower - put a bit on your fingertips and massage it into your scalp.

So anyway, there you go for what it's worth. Everything was bought at Walgreen's, no specialty stores or online involved but you have to look in the black lady section of the hair aisle because the overlords don't want us white girls to know about these miracle products.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I need to bathe in this shiat.

I lose soooo much hair due to crappy hair genes, thyroid problems, and age. In another three years or so, Imma gonna have to shave head bald. 😞

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I lose soooo much hair due to crappy hair genes, thyroid problems, and age. In another three years or so, Imma gonna have to shave head bald. 😞

Try the mint products and see if that doesn't help. I was pretty happy with the results.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

wigs - you could be a blonde, brunette, red headed bad girl and you won't have to be burdened with the hassle of doing your hair - just keep it on a plastic head on your dresser and on those days you don't want a wig - you could just be a bad ass bad girl and tie a bandana over your bald head.

I have vowed to shave my head if I get the receding hair line my dad's mother had for sure. She was bald from the forehead to the center of her head. My dad had a satellite dish in the center and finally realized it looks pretty stupid and shaved it.

I joke but I have a great deal of compassion over the issue. My sister, 14 years younger than me, is already experiencing what looks to be a family trait and so is my oldest son. I will share this recommendation with them both - the products - not the wigs. :yay:

TPD

the poor dad
wigs - you could be a blonde, brunette, red headed bad girl and you won't have to be burdened with the hassle of doing your hair - just keep it on a plastic head on your dresser and on those days you don't want a wig - you could just be a bad ass bad girl and tie a bandana over your bald head.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Try the mint products and see if that doesn't help. I was pretty happy with the results.
I started using Bioxin, about 20 years ago, and that formulation has peppermint as one of the core ingredients. It didn't help much, unfortunately.

I went to the dermatologist eons ago about my hair loss, and he said it was a consequence of having bad hair genetics. My mom was this way, and I have a niece who is even worse off than me. One good thing about that dermatologist visit, though, was that he found a melanoma that could have had a horrific end result; all better now.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

I have vowed to shave my head if I get the receding hair line my dad's mother had for sure. She was bald from the forehead to the center of her head. My dad had a satellite dish in the center and finally realized it looks pretty stupid and shaved it.

I joke but I have a great deal of compassion over the issue. My sister, 14 years younger than me, is already experiencing what looks to be a family trait and so is my oldest son. I will share this recommendation with them both - the products - not the wigs. :yay:
I may try the wig thing, but honestly will likely just go towards a decorative bandana or something. Much easier for my lazy ways.

Bobwhite

I've been using Nioxin for over 20 years. My hair still falls out but not as much. I still have quite a thick mane.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Vrai, not too long ago you posted a thread about how vitamins are a waste of money but I have taken hair, skin and nails for several years and I believe it helps. My hair is healthy and my nails grow really fast.

Louise

My hair started falling out - like, a lot, way more than normal. The good news is I started with a ton of hair, so losing some wasn't the catastrophe it could have been but I still didn't like it.

The black girls have the solution to this - they face breakage and hair loss because their hair is fragile and the styles they do don't help matters. They said to use a shampoo, conditioner, and scalp treatment specially formulated for black lady hair loss. And guess what? In just a week there's a noticeable difference. Now I shed like normal instead of big handfuls. Not sure about growth, but I'm definitely losing less hair.

Specifically I used this:

And this:

And this (plus the conditioner):

Apparently peppermint is the key. Castor oil was also mentioned as a hair grower - put a bit on your fingertips and massage it into your scalp.

So anyway, there you go for what it's worth. Everything was bought at Walgreen's, no specialty stores or online involved but you have to look in the black lady section of the hair aisle because the overlords don't want us white girls to know about these miracle products.

I have been using OGX Biotin/Collagen for a while. That has helped. Thanks for the tip on the OGX mint.