This day in

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
What the hell were the Japs doing in Normandy...:faint:

I was wondering that too. Though I am sure some Japanese azz was getting kicked in the Pacific.

I just listened to Ronald Reagan's 1984 address to D-Day veterans and if you can listen that and NOT feel an overwhelming sense of patriotism and pride then you need to ship your azz straight to Cuba. :patriot:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I was wondering that too. Though I am sure some Japanese azz was getting kicked in the Pacific.

I just listened to Ronald Reagan's 1984 address to D-Day veterans and if you can listen that and NOT feel an overwhelming sense of patriotism and pride then you need to ship your azz straight to Cuba. :patriot:

I did not make the drive up to normanday when I was in France but all the beaches in Lorient still had machine gun bunkers left over from the german occupation. It was pretty moveing just sitting there looking out at the atlantic.

MMDad

Lem Putt
history________________.

Fill in the blank.

Gunboats under Captain C. H. Davis and rams under Colonel C. R. Ellet Jr., destroyed the upper Mississippi portion of the Confederate River Defense Fleet under Captain J. E. Montgomery at the Battle of Memphis. The Tennessee city surrendered.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I was a mom for the first 24 hours of the rest of my life. She's almost as tall as I am now and has the same, err, original sense of fashion. :lmao:

Mateo

My step Dad's brother was shot on a beach in France, while he was being shot at by the Japanese (not in France).
There were actually Japanese personnel there training on the Tiger I's they were supposed to receive from the Germans.
Still. one axis uniform is good enough target practice as any.
When I was a small boy, had a neighbor who went ashore on Omaha as a Combat Photographer. Showed me the pics he took of that day. He even gave me the sight , he pried off a German field piece.
They don't call them the greatest generation for naught.
Kudos for all who persevered that dreadful day..we should all have a little piece of that .:buddies:

slik

1968 - Senator Robert F. Kennedy dies from his wounds after he was shot the previous night.
1933 - The first drive-in theater opens, in Camden, New Jersey, United States.
1889 - The Great Seattle Fire destroys the entirety of downtown Seattle, Washington.