this guy is way out there

K

KizerSoSay

fredsaid2 said:
Believe me, not trying to upset anyone's relationship. I just wanted a nice barn and farm....free!

So I guess it's a no?
My SO already has a farm, but no room for Shady shillers. :nono:

S

saddlesore

fredsaid2 said:
You really should leave the city. Go Green Acres! Have SO buy you a horsie and a farm and a barn. That way we can all move in with you and be barn-mates. Braid our horses manes, learn to ride bridle-less, pick a single user name to post under....

Cor - I was thinking that sounded like fun! We would like to ride bridle-less, now that I know the bit = the devil. We could also play games with carrot sticks. Oh - and we could nerves our horses' tails, ears, backs and azzes, too!

What name could we post under??

K

KizerSoSay

saddlesore said:
Cor - I was thinking that sounded like fun! We would like to ride bridle-less, now that I know the bit = the devil. We could also play games with carrot sticks. Oh - and we could nerves our horses' tails, ears, backs and azzes, too!

What name could we post under??
Didn't your momma warn you about going bridle less? Causes the saggin' of the mams.

S

saddlesore

KizerSoSay said:
Didn't your momma warn you about going bridle less? Causes the saggin' of the mams.

Like you would know about that ;-P

Still waiting for the farm that rhymes w/ azzcool!

K

KizerSoSay

saddlesore said:
Like you would know about that ;-P

Still waiting for the farm that rhymes w/ azzcool!
Please can we just type on one thread. All this switching back and forth is so 'unnatural' to me..

S

saddlesore

BZHorseMomE said:
Wasn't SS playing sounds like??? :lmao:

So I thought. :confused:
i guess it was on a different thread, but I can't keep them all straight. Who can remember??? I can barely keep everyone's personalities straight ;-P

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
saddlesore said:
So I thought. :confused:
i guess it was on a different thread, but I can't keep them all straight. Who can remember??? I can barely keep everyone's personalities straight ;-P

Is my guess right?? Azzcool sounds like Bascule??

MorganLover

I didn't really read anything. I just looked at his amazing pictures. they are really amazing. I'd love to have that kind of connection with my animals but i am not a reach person that rides my horse indoors in a huge indoor arena til it respects me and i don't have 24 hours a day i can spend working with my horse/horses either. They are some wonderful pictures though, i still think that guy that does that jumping show and running through the ocean with 6 hores and nothing but himself and a stick is better then that guy that has to use the rope as reins.

devinej

the flying frenchman! he is so cool!

yah, i watched two of this guy's videos a couple weeks ago. He shows lots of himself and his horses in his (beautiful with stained glass windows) indoor arena, doing all sorts of high level dressage movements with only a little strap around the horse's neck and a hawthorne twig that he only "touches" them with. and every 10 minutes he lets the horse have a break - during which the horse runs around playing and bucking. he does a LOT of spanish walk too. you get tired of seeing it...

and he is brutal toward everyone else in the horse world, showing graphic videos (looks like they were all taken at the same location ) of really bad jumper riders obviously abusing their horses' mouths and backs and the whip. then he shows an animation of what the bit is doing inside the horse's mouth - breaking teeth, etc.

its a real eye opener about what can happen if someone does "go over the line" with discipline. but i do believe that a bit is only as strong as the hands that use it. and i do believe any horse can go in a snaffle with the right training. i'm probably being too optimistic.

he does show some footage of that woman whose paralyzed or something and does all the parelli stuff from her moterized chair with her friesian stallion. and he talks a bit with parelli as well. but the guy is sooo creepy in the video. and the subtitles are translated badly.

what he does not show is how he starts a horse off with this type of training...i'd like to see him start with a new horse...