This is why there are so many wrecks

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Way back in the early 2000s I had someone do that very thing to me on 301 in La Plata.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've had all variations of stupid on 2 lane left turns. The most common is someone being in the left turn lane, and halfway thru the intersection move to the right lane cutting off everyone. Maple to 235SB.

The other is 4SB at 235. 3 lanes turn left, the right most lane can either go left or straight continuing on 4. I was in the rightmost lane, blinker on for a left turn. Woman one lane to my left, in a LEFT-ONLY lane decides to continue straight thru on 4 cutting me off, missing me by inches. I was in the Sling. She would have crushed me flat if we connected.

SandieGarry

I see this almost every day. Going south on rt 5, near Royal Farms. Bear right to take the exit for Brandywine rd. Turn left at the light. Next light is right on red but usually has a green arrow. Left lane, which is right turn also, clearly states, "no right turn on red". People don't even slow down much less stop.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Coming west into PCB from Panama City it's 6 lanes. The two left lanes exit only onto Thomas Dr leaving four lanes. In maybe 1/8 mile what are now the two left lanes, the far left must exit to Front Beach Rd and the other one can either exit or stay straight.

Even though the upcoming situation is clearly marked well in advance, it's amazing the number of people who get in a far left lane, then cut across oncoming cars to stay straight and not exit. I never trust my fellow motorists because so many of them are retarded, so now when I'm exiting onto either Thomas or Front Beach, I make sure to be in the far left lane because I *know* that someone will decide at the last minute they don't want to exit and will cut across cars to avoid it. Never mind that it's pretty easy to get back on track if you take the exit when you didn't mean to; for them it makes more sense to cut off oncoming cars and cause accidents.

:banghead:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I've had all variations of stupid on 2 lane left turns. The most common is someone being in the left turn lane, and halfway thru the intersection move to the right lane cutting off everyone. Maple to 235SB.

The other is 4SB at 235. 3 lanes turn left, the right most lane can either go left or straight continuing on 4. I was in the rightmost lane, blinker on for a left turn. Woman one lane to my left, in a LEFT-ONLY lane decides to continue straight thru on 4 cutting me off, missing me by inches. I was in the Sling. She would have crushed me flat if we connected.

What the State Highway Administration really needs to do is keep those extremely faded painted turn lines always freshly painted. And instead of them being dashed, make them solid lines until the completion of the turn to keep people from crossing onto another lane. They should also add those solid painted turning lines at each turn lane into that intersection. Too many people, without those turn lines, tend to straighten what is supposed to be a partial radius turn, which then forces them then into a sharper turn to enter the road, many times coming extremely close to others turning, as well as getting too close to the first vehicles in line at their respective red light, or to the concrete medium sometimes even hitting them.

Oh yeah. And there should only be 2 left turn lanes onto 235 south and that third should be only for proceeding west on St Andrews Church Rd. It has always bothered me that they designed it that way. Making that left turn always makes people go much slower causing traffic to always get backed up for people simply needing to continue on to St Andrews Church Rd. In addition, make the middle lane a turn/thru lane since these two lanes match up with the two lanes to St Andrews Church Rd.

Oh yeah, and one more thing .... That entrance/exit into Wawa from/to St Andrews Church Rd. should be made into an entrance only, or, at a minimum, when exiting only be allowed to turn to go south on 235. Because, as many of you know, copious amounts of those exiting are selfish pricks that love to force themselves into a backlog of traffic for the sole purpose of crossing all lanes to go north on 235. Then there are those virtue signalers, (those oh so "nice" people), that will always let out those Wawa exiting vehicles to the detriment of everyone else behind them causing them to have to wait for the next signal change or longer. That practice should be banned.

Because often sometimes, it's easier to go south in order to go north that makes things go much smoother.

/End rant

What it kinda looks like now.
1726322691432.png

SandieGarry

For your consideration ...

What the State Highway Administration really needs to do is keep those extremely faded painted turn lines always freshly painted. And instead of them being dashed, make them solid lines until the completion of the turn to keep people from crossing onto another lane. They should also add those solid painted turning lines at each turn lane into that intersection. Too many people, without those turn lines, tend to straighten what is supposed to be a partial radius turn, which then forces them then into a sharper turn to enter the road, many times coming extremely close to others turning, as well as getting too close to the first vehicles in line at their respective red light, or to the concrete medium sometimes even hitting them.

Oh yeah. And there should only be 2 left turn lanes onto 235 south and that third should be only for proceeding west on St Andrews Church Rd. It has always bothered me that they designed it that way. Making that left turn always makes people go much slower causing traffic to always get backed up for people simply needing to continue on to St Andrews Church Rd. In addition, make the middle lane a turn/thru lane since these two lanes match up with the two lanes to St Andrews Church Rd.

Oh yeah, and one more thing .... That entrance/exit into Wawa from/to St Andrews Church Rd. should be made into an entrance only, or, at a minimum, when exiting only be allowed to turn to go south on 235. Because, as many of you know, copious amounts of those exiting are selfish pricks that love to force themselves into a backlog of traffic for the sole purpose of crossing all lanes to go north on 235. Then there are those virtue signalers, (those oh so "nice" people), that will always let out those Wawa exiting vehicles to the detriment of everyone else behind them causing them to have to wait for the next signal change or longer. That practice should be banned.

Because often sometimes, it's easier to go south in order to go north that makes things go much smoother.

/End rant

What it kinda looks like now.
View attachment 179478

The company I used to work for preferred us going to Wawa for gas. I drove a 16' box truck. Instead of being th jerk pulling onto St. Andrews to try to go north, I'd go south and U-turn at the light. Much safer.

Tech

The company I used to work for preferred us going to Wawa for gas. I drove a 16' box truck. Instead of being th jerk pulling onto St. Andrews to try to go north, I'd go south and U-turn at the light. Much safer.
That Wawa was supposed to go away when they redo that inter section, reason it wasn't remolded with the others. 🤣