This Pop-Up Restaurant Asks Whites To Pay More

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
According to Civil Eats, the pop-up called Saartj gives white customers – and only white customers – the option to pay "$12 for lunch or the suggested price of $30" while black customers are "charged $12 and also given the option to collect the $18 paid by a white patron as a way to redistribute wealth."

Restaurant creator Tunde Wey says that his project seeks to educate patrons on the "nation's racial wealth gap," using statistics, according to Civil Eats' coverage from an EPI study that looks at income distribution broadly, similar to the debunked 22-cent "gender pay gap" statistic.

"After they order, Wey tells each diner about the nation’s racial wealth gap, pointing to stark facts, such as higher education increases a Black family’s median income by $60,000, where as it increases a white family’s median income by $113,000," reports Civil Eats.

Once the conversation finishes, Wey then asks his white customers how much they will pay. The "white guilt" definitely pays off, with close to 78% of his white customers paying more than double the required price, according to Wey. This guilt, which Wey calls "positive social pressure," is entirely intentional and designed to elicit payment.

This Pop-Up Restaurant Asks Whites To Pay More

GFYS and your Positive Social Pressure ...

MiddleGround

According to the data provided, the median income difference between Blacks and Whites LESS THAN doubles however, the owner is asking Whites to pay MORE THAN double the price??!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
While he's at it, Mr Tuffit should also point out how 7 in 10 black children are born out of wedlock. Single parent household is the single most important factor in a child growing up in poverty. So instead of overpaying, non blacks should provide either condoms or some sort of birth control.

I'd be curious of the racial makeup of his staff and what he pays them compared to the local averages for similar wages.

I love how a guy born in Africa comes over to America and lectures us on racism, poverty and violence. Nigeria is home to boko haram. Many governments issue warnings to their citizens when traveling to Nigeria. Kidnap is a huge concern. Just as funny as the guy who identifies as a Kenyan, raised in the lap of luxury by his white grandparents, abandoned by his black father, stirring up the racial pot every chance he got.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Seriously, how many white people fall for this crap. I for one do not have any white guilt. I come from a broken home. My degree is from the School of Hard Knocks. I have worked damn hard for what I have accomplished. If a restaurant owner tried that #### with me, I'd tell him to pound sand and leave.

Midnightrider

a pop up is a temporary restaurant. It is the culinary equivalent of performance art. in other words, who cares.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
a pop up is a temporary restaurant. It is the culinary equivalent of performance art. in other words, who cares.

This ^^

Although I do find it offensive to suggest that black people need white people to pay for their meals. That seems incredibly racist to me.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Seriously, how many white people fall for this crap. I for one do not have any white guilt. I come from a broken home. My degree is from the School of Hard Knocks. I have worked damn hard for what I have accomplished. If a restaurant owner tried that #### with me, I'd tell him to pound sand and leave.

The same idiots that buy safety pins for $100.00 per month...and go around trying to shed their white privelege

Hi. My name is GWguy, I have White Guilt, and would like to share. I've spent thousands of dollars trying to relieve my guilt, but it's not working. I've come to this White Guilt meeting today in hopes that others of you who suffer from this affliction may have some words of wisdom for me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hi. My name is GWguy, I have White Guilt, and would like to share. I've spent thousands of dollars trying to relieve my guilt, but it's not working. I've come to this White Guilt meeting today in hopes that others of you who suffer from this affliction may have some words of wisdom for me.

STFU. :yay:

luvyameanit! :biggrin: