This stuff makes me crazy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Stephanie Roper thread made me remember a community-altering crime that happened in Lincoln when I was a kid.

Jake Surber and Jon Simpson, 12 and 13 respectively - Kidnapped, raped and killed after leaving the Nebraska State Fair in 1975. Their murderer, William 'Freight Train' Guatney, was the boogeyman in every parent's mind for years afterward and I will never ever forget it.

I wondered whatever happened to old Freight Train, so I googled him. Imagine my surprise at finding this puff piece portraying him as an old fashioned King of the Road:

Say hello to 'Freight Train' Guatney

At the time of the author's meeting Guatney had just gotten out of the looney bin, having been found incompetent to stand trial in the murders of the Lincoln boys and several others in the KS/NE/IL areas.

It would be great if these freaking liberal numbskulls would do some homework before they start extolling the virtues of some crazy homeless person.

Shericita

Is it all make believe?
The Stephanie Roper thread also made me remember a story from my childhood. The horrible murder of our 10 year old neighbor Robin Lynn Ervin in 1968. I googled and found a book written by the detective in charge of the case; Millstone Necklace by Frank Bishop. I also found the monster; James Douglas Ireland, alive, free and up to his old tricks in Manteca, CA.

All three of these stories...horrendous.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I think the Atlanta Monster robbed every Southerner of innocence. It was a boogie man story told to every kid their whole life.

DEEKAYPEE8569

The Stephanie Roper thread made me remember a community-altering crime that happened in Lincoln when I was a kid.

Jake Surber and Jon Simpson, 12 and 13 respectively - Kidnapped, raped and killed after leaving the Nebraska State Fair in 1975. Their murderer, William 'Freight Train' Guatney, was the boogeyman in every parent's mind for years afterward and I will never ever forget it.

I wondered whatever happened to old Freight Train, so I googled him. Imagine my surprise at finding this puff piece portraying him as an old fashioned King of the Road:

At the time of the author's meeting Guatney had just gotten out of the looney bin, having been found incompetent to stand trial in the murders of the Lincoln boys and several others in the KS/NE/IL areas.

It would be great if these freaking liberal numbskulls would do some homework before they start extolling the virtues of some crazy homeless person.

Too bad the internet wasn't around. This Stutzman guy could have found out who Guatney really was; and what he really was.....a psychopath. Only a psychopath could do what he did and act like nothing's wrong.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Too bad the internet wasn't around. This Stutzman guy could have found out who Guatney really was; and what he really was.....a psychopath. Only a psychopath could do what he did and act like nothing's wrong.

Guatney told the man what he was accused of, it was the Stutzman's job to investigate further and that could have been done with a simple phone call.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The story was written in 2009. I thought that's where it was going - author met this hobo in '84, helped him out, turned out the hobo killed a bunch of kids 10 years prior.

Shericita

Is it all make believe?
I forgot all about this one.

Lyon sisters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I talk all the time about growing up "safe", glad that I'm not a kid in these times. Boy, the mind has a way of distorting the past. These stories are MUCH worse than the ones I hear now about kids shooting each other up. I better go back under my rock..with my rose colored glasses. All of these stories...so sad.

buddscreekman

I forgot all about this one.

Lyon sisters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I talk all the time about growing up "safe", glad that I'm not a kid in these times. Boy, the mind has a way of distorting the past. These stories are MUCH worse than the ones I hear now about kids shooting each other up. I better go back under my rock..with my rose colored glasses. All of these stories...so sad.

Kristen and Katie Lisk/Sofia Silva for me. Such a shame...poor girl.

Hank

my war
The story was written in 2009. I thought that's where it was going - author met this hobo in '84, helped him out, turned out the hobo killed a bunch of kids 10 years prior.

And nobody knows if this man is dead or alive still?

DannyMotorcycle

These types of stories first bring to mind the young girl who was beaten to death by an attempted rapist in bushwood..
it's more than a shame that the guy was released to be roaming.. living in waldorf.. My anger and intolerance is unfortunately tempered by my Christianity. I'm also disappointed that society doesn't fill the "did society a favor" police file with all these psychopathic perverts mentioned in this thread.. Third world crap holes would fix them up just right in their jurisdictions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NecroPost-Bringoneback.jpg

I remeber this well. I was their age. After that we weren't allowed to ride our bikes all over Lincoln like we used to do...