This war on women thing

bcp

In My Opinion
Its because the republicans want to stop funding Planned Parenthood clinics.
Now, the women are claiming that Planned Parenthood fills a need in certain health areas as far as preventitive care goes. Maybe it does. Planned Parenthood claims that non of the money from the government goes to abortions. (lets take them on their lying word on that one for a moment)
Planned Parenthood is not a government agency, so it is not entitled to any money. Tax exemptions yes, but money? no.

At any rate, with obamacare being so perfect and everyone is going to have FREE healthcare, what purpose is Planned Parenthood going to fil anyway? the women that go there now, will have their FREE insurance and will be able to go to a regular doctors office for their care.

Unless its all about the rubbers,, or it really is all about the abortions and the preventitive care is really no concern to them.

If everyone has FREE insurance for their health, I personally see no need for anything like Planned Parenthood to be funded in the future. If they want to stay open, they should do it like the churches do. Depend on dontations and work that tax exempt status. But we cannot afford to give away FREE health insurance and fund planned parenthood at the same time.

I fail to see the war here.

bcp

In My Opinion

Thats what Im talking about, this whole war on women thing was thought up by the Ns re election crew and put out to the public by some slut that only wanted free rubbers because she evidently burns through so many that she cant afford the cost of them.

at least you see it too.

too bad other people in the country are not smart enough.
guess they figured on the total dumbas whores to carry this one forward.
Guess they were right.

RPMDAD

bcp, i think you are right with Obama winning and his free health care for all bull####.
However, i think Romney mentioned he would repeal Obama's health care act and stop funding for planned parenthood. Also his and Ryan's views on abortion JMHO were more than border lining the old separation of church and state thing. In the polls, Romney definitely lost the single women vote. I saw this one coming with the Hispanic vote, womens vote, black vote and just take care of me vote.

daileyck1

BCP you have no FU@@ing clue, go talk to a democratic woman one and one and find out why. then you might understand.

bcp

In My Opinion
bcp, i think you are right with Obama winning and his free health care for all bull####.
However, i think Romney mentioned he would repeal Obama's health care act and stop funding for planned parenthood. Also his and Ryan's views on abortion JMHO were more than border lining the old separation of church and state thing. In the polls, Romney definitely lost the single women vote. I saw this one coming with the Hispanic vote, womens vote, black vote and just take care of me vote.

then its only about abortion then. becuase planned parenthood has come forward with the statement that the government money was never used for abortions, only the other things.
Im sure they can get as many donations for the other things as they did for abortion.
the reality is that government money was used for abortion, and thats what the problem is.
And I understand they charged for abortions anyway, if the women can afford that, then they can certainly afford less for preventitive care.

bcp

In My Opinion
BCP you have no FU@@ing clue, go talk to a democratic woman one and one and find out why. then you might understand.

so this is only for democrat women? You would think that the democrats would be willing to donate their money to keep it up and running without stealing from those that would prefer to put their money in other places.

RPMDAD

bcp, just a quick fyi, i voted for Romney. The abortion thing is a lose lose. Spend money for abortions, someone #####es. Spend money on birth control someone #####es. Spend money on Welfare moms with 10 kids from 7 different fathers, someone #####es. All the above issues are a lose lose. I don't know what the answer is.

bcp

In My Opinion
bcp, just a quick fyi, i voted for Romney. The abortion thing is a lose lose. Spend money for abortions, someone #####es. Spend money on birth control someone #####es. Spend money on Welfare moms with 10 kids from 7 different fathers, someone #####es. All the above issues are a lose lose. I don't know what the answer is.

the answer is personal responsibility.
I am a firm believer in the theory that if you take away the safety net, less people will step out onto the tightrope.

no abortions just because you Fed UP
cant buy your own rubber? (because other forms of control are supplied by insurance)
No additional money for extra kids on welfare?
No more letting the deadbeat dads get away with it?

Take all that away and you might find that there are a whole lot less unwanted or unplanned kids being born.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I fail to see the war here.

I honestly don’t see this so-called war on women having to do with abortion or birth control. I don’t think liberals care one bit about the health of women. If they did, they’d be encouraging them to be responsible with their health. Getting an abortion is a risky procedure that threatens the health of the woman. Having a later-term abortion can threaten the life of the mother. Birth control pills, just like any long-term medication, also have their side effects.

The war is not about abortion or birth control; it’s about using women to pin one group of beliefs against the other. It also forces women to look towards someone or something else to get them through a situation. In today’s world of women’s liberation, this ought to be the greatest insult. No woman should have to succumb to a government to provide their needs. They are being used by the left an either don’t realize it or don’t care.

Last edited:

BOP

No thanks; I'd rather talk to a woman with an actual brain and the capacity to engage it.

I can save time and trouble by talking to the neighbor's dog vice a demonrat woman. In fact, I'd get a better conversation out of the dog.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No thanks; I'd rather talk to a woman with an actual brain and the capacity to engage it.

I can save time and trouble by talking to the neighbor's dog vice a demonrat woman. In fact, I'd get a better conversation out of the dog.

bcp

In My Opinion

and a 90% or better chance of a better looking conversation companion.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No thanks. I do not want to hear one more nitwit calling abortion "women's health". I also do not want to listen to them whine about how women cannot afford birth control, although they seem to be able to afford their iPhones just fine.

tirdun

staring into the abyss
Its because the republicans want to stop funding Planned Parenthood clinics.

Actually defunding PP was one of several things. But have at it.

Now, the women are claiming that Planned Parenthood fills a need in certain health areas as far as preventitive care goes. Maybe it does.

Maybe? You couldn't spend twenty seconds to look up what else they do before you rant about them?

Planned Parenthood claims that non of the money from the government goes to abortions. (lets take them on their lying word on that one for a moment)

Actually, you could just look at their financial statements.

Planned Parenthood is not a government agency, so it is not entitled to any money. Tax exemptions yes, but money? no.

Wow. You're proposing ending all grants of government money? That'll pretty much close every state college in the country, end health services of all sorts, destroy small business grants and so forth.

At any rate, with obamacare being so perfect and everyone is going to have FREE healthcare

Obamacare isn't free health care. That's Medicare and Medicaid.

what purpose is Planned Parenthood going to fil anyway? the women that go there now, will have their FREE insurance and will be able to go to a regular doctors office for their care.

If some parts of Obamacare pass, this is roughly true. Most screenings and contraceptives would be covered, mostly because it costs insurance companies far less money to give you contraceptives than to cover the expensive and risky costs of a pregnancy.

The actual issue is that PP saves an enormous amount of money in cancer treatment and pregnancy treatment for very little money and they do so very efficiently.

That's not what "the war" is simply about though. You don't remember "legitimate rape"? "God's Plan"? The attempt to allow companies to pick what contraceptive and health services they could refuse to cover on health plans? The fair pay act?

I don't think there was some intentional war, but the Republicans sure managed to stick a lot of feet in a lot of mouths and chose to back (or ignore) a lot of bills that would alienate women voters. Americans are pro-choice by 50-60%, depending on the poll question and women tend to poll higher than men. Yet the Republicans introduced hundreds of anti-abortion bills they knew would never pass at state and federal level.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
4 years (actually six) of democrat rule has crashed us pretty bad. 4 more will just show how stupid the democrats really are. 2010 elected stop some of the mess, maybe 2014 will help stop some of it. Had little hope for 2012 and I am looking in to understanding how the back market worked in the old Soviet union because it is going to be the only way to survive in 2016.