those damn off duty cops

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think this quote scares the hell out of the off-duty cops and the jock straps holding them up in here:

"You may not work off post in areas where jobs are generally scarce and where your employment would deprive local civilians with the same job skills."

:popcorn:

Why on earth would that scare anyone? It's beyond irrelevant ..again (your forte).

The only thing you ever post that is 'scary' is only those that illustrate how unbalanced you are. Sometimes that is downright scary.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
I guess you don't see the difference between working overtime and being paid by your employer versus venturing out on your own and starting your own private business.

LEO's working off duty at a sheetz or wawa on their days off is hardly considered starting your own business. All those have to be approved by the commanders of both the barrack and the sheriff's office. Working off duty is not some free for all where they are not held accountable for it.

CrashTest

LEO's working off duty at a sheetz or wawa on their days off is hardly considered starting your own business. All those have to be approved by the commanders of both the barrack and the sheriff's office. Working off duty is not some free for all where they are not held accountable for it.

You're in business for yourself when your customer pays you directly and not your employer.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're in business for yourself when your customer pays you directly and not your employer.

Like millions of Americans do every single day as side-job-earning 1099-receiving workers. Like that, you mean?

Me?..I'd rather not have to be working a side job to make ends meet. Oh ..wait..I don't. I'm lucky enough I do not not need to.

But there was a time when that was certainly not the case and I'm damned glad the boss let me use company equipment to make extra money on my own time. The kids needed braces...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

So am I to understand from all this blather from you that:

1. You never succeeded at anything; you've only just gotten by.

2. You never had any personal initiative or drive. And you never understood why anyone else would, either.

3. You accepted whatever you earned at any point in your life as the best you should expect...although at the same time you still thought you should be receiving more for less.

4. You are the classic example of a low-life peon that expects the world owes you a livelihood.

I got it now. Now I understand why I'm successful..and you are not.

Thanks. It took me a while to get it. I had heard that leaches like you existed..but I really tried not to believe it.

CrashTest

Like millions of Americans do every single day as side-job-earning 1099-receiving workers. Like that, you mean?

Yep - A cop moonlighting would be a 1099. Usually, a 1099 employee is said to have his own "business" even though he might be the only one in the "company". Based on the statement below, I think the OP was confused about how a single person could start a "business"

LEO's working off duty at a sheetz or wawa on their days off is hardly considered starting your own business.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yep - A cop moonlighting would be a 1099. Usually, a 1099 employee is said to have his own "business" even though he might be the only one in the "company". Based on the statement below, I think the OP was confused about how a single person could start a "business"

LEO's working off duty at a sheetz or wawa on their days off is hardly considered starting your own business.

Huh?