Those "I'm A Veteran" T-shirts

warneckutz

The one's that say, ...I can fix stupid but it's gonna hurt." I have two of them; saw them advertised so I got a couple....a few months ago. Someone else saw them TODAY and said, "You can't wear that, YOU are NOT a Veteran."

Hmmm.....we'll see.....

Just get a shirt that says "If you think my Chevy Volt is sexy, check out my dashcam"

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My guess is that he doesn't think you can afford a Tesla and no real man would drive a Prius?

warneckutz

I see Warneckutz never answered my question. Shocking.....well, not really.

Go through your old posts ...

Your posts about your Chevy Volt and your love of a dash-cam is sprinkled between your posts looking for love. With that Steven Seagal look alike picture (you nailed present day SS perfectly), I'm surprised there were any single females left in the county! If you're still looking nh/spit/boss are looking for love.

gettyimages-1003345480.jpg

DEEKAYPEE8569

Don't have; never said ANYTHING about me owning a Chevy Volt.

I would just like to know why you read my posts if they bother you so much.

I'm surprised no one, especially a vet, has said this:
You can pretend or wear something that says you are a vet. Not illegal. In poor taste, but not illegal. However, if someone sees your shirt and buys you lunch because of it, or provides you any other monetary benefit assuming you are a vet and you do nothing to contradict it, you could be in violation of the Stolen Valor Act. That IS illegal.

The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to claim they have served in the military, embellish their rank or fraudulently claim having received a valor award specified in the Act, with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit by convincing another that he or she received the award.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'd just like to know why the **** someone who didn't serve would wear an I'm a VET shirt. Speaking as someone who didn't serve, I would never in a million and one ****ing years wear one. I make it a point to thank anyone wearing IAV hats or shirts, and if you replied "I'm not a VET", you might end up having your ass handed to you. You can play make believe and be anything you want, but to me that would be the ultimate display of disrespect and I would not let it go. YMMV

My dad served 2 tours during WWII. Depth charge guy. Anyway, he still wears a Navy cap whenever he goes out. He is stopped constantly by people who say, "Thank you for your service!" All the time. Never ends. He eats it up, but it would drive me crackers. No way I'd wear anything that indicates I'm a vet.