Those tolerant Repugs in action

Midnightrider

Please do try to follow along. I am talking about where things lead. Where you draw the line in the sand (and question you haven't answered). Do you think it will just stop with gay marriage? Is there anything that would cause you to say "Now wait a minute, you're teaching my kid that"?

Let's put it a different way... would you agree that there are people that disagree with gay marriage? Of course you do. If you're okay with 'Heather Has Two Mommies' as a means to get kids to accept gay relationships, would be equally okay if your kid leaves that class to another where a teacher teaches about how immoral homosexuality is?

again with the snarkiness.....

I beleive that it stops at gay marriage. I dont have a line in the sand for others being gay. it doesn't affect me in any way. i have taught, and continue to teach, my kids to be tolerent of others. Someone elses parents being gay in no way affects my child. learning to be respectful of someone else's family is a good thing.

yuo seem to be confusing morality and tolerence.

Midnightrider

But you're okay if they do. So I assume you'd be okay with teaching that being gay is immoral too? I mean, if we're going to be PC here.

immoral is compeltely objective, so no, i wouldn't. As i said in the other post, you are confusing morality with tolerence.

PsyOps

Pixelated
immoral is compeltely objective, so no, i wouldn't. As i said in the other post, you are confusing morality with tolerence.

Killing is immoral isn't it? Do you tolerate murder? For some people, it is intolerable to accept homosexuality on moral grounds. Morality defines what you’re willing to tolerate. So they go hand-in-hand.

So you’re fine with a teacher telling your kid they have to accept and be tolerant of gays while you’re not okay with another teaching your kid that being gay is not okay? That’s the difference between you and me; I don’t think either belong in our schools.

Midnightrider

Killing is immoral isn't it? Do you tolerate murder? For some people, it is intolerable to accept homosexuality on moral grounds. Morality defines what you’re willing to tolerate. So they go hand-in-hand.

So you’re fine with a teacher telling your kid they have to accept and be tolerant of gays while you’re not okay with another teaching your kid that being gay is not okay? That’s the difference between you and me; I don’t think either belong in our schools.

the difference between you and me is that i am actually a tolerent person and i understand the difference between morality and tolerence.

BTW, killing, not always immoral.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I beleive that it stops at gay marriage. I dont have a line in the sand for others being gay. it doesn't affect me in any way. i have taught, and continue to teach, my kids to be tolerent of others. Someone elses parents being gay in no way affects my child. learning to be respectful of someone else's family is a good thing.

yuo seem to be confusing morality and tolerence.

You see what you did? You reeled this in to YOU, the parent. YOU teach your kid to be tolerant. I don't trust our schools enough to teach these things in a fair way. If I am a Christian and believe homosexuality is immoral, are my values less when my kid goes to school than the values of a kid whose parent are gay? Do they deserve more consideration in what their kid is taught than me? Wouldn’t it be fair to just consider everyone’s values and not teach it at all?

We seem completely comfortable with keeping that ‘fairness’ in mind when it comes to religion. Even though over 80% of Americans are Christian, God and prayer can’t be mentioned in our schools. Yet, against that majority – fairness be damned – our kids are going to be exposed to homosexuality in the name of tolerance. Where is the tolerance in regards to religion?

Midnightrider

You see what you did? You reeled this in to YOU, the parent. YOU teach your kid to be tolerant. I don't trust our schools enough to teach these things in a fair way. If I am a Christian and believe homosexuality is immoral, are my values less when my kid goes to school than the values of a kid whose parent are gay? Do they deserve more consideration in what their kid is taught than me? Wouldn’t it be fair to just consider everyone’s values and not teach it at all?

We seem completely comfortable with keeping that ‘fairness’ in mind when it comes to religion. Even though over 80% of Americans are Christian, God and prayer can’t be mentioned in our schools. Yet, against that majority – fairness be damned – our kids are going to be exposed to homosexuality in the name of tolerance. Where is the tolerance in regards to religion?

you asked me about me and my kids, YOU made this about me and my kids. I also clearly stated that i dont have an issue with tolerence being taught. It is different than morality. I know you dont get that, but it is.

PsyOps

Pixelated
the difference between you and me is that i am actually a tolerent person and i understand the difference between morality and tolerence.

BTW, killing, not always immoral.

After all I've posted and you still think I'm intolerant; you aren't getting anything I'm trying to say. And you call me snarky?

I didn't say 'killing'; I said murder.

PsyOps

Pixelated
you asked me about me and my kids, YOU made this about me and my kids. I also clearly stated that i dont have an issue with tolerence being taught. It is different than morality. I know you dont get that, but it is.

And I know you don't get that one's morality defines their tolerance to something. You do have morals don't you? You do know that those morals define what you're willing to tolerate and what you're not? You do know that devoid of any morals at all there would be no compass for what you are able to tolerate and not tolerate? You do know that accepting homosexuality if a moral decision, just as much as someone that doesn't accept it is a moral decision?

Midnightrider

After all I've posted and you still think I'm intolerant; you aren't getting anything I'm trying to say. And you call me snarky?
stomping your feet and saying "i am tolerent" isnt tolerence

I didn't say 'killing'; I said murder.

you said killing.

Vince

:yeahthat: Exactly.

PsyOps

Pixelated
stomping your feet and saying "i am tolerent" isnt tolerence

You do understand that someone can disagree with something and still have a tolerance for it as a means of respecting the person and their choices. Do I have to go into detail about what that means? Because I disagree with something doesn’t mean I’m not willing to live with it and respect the person.

You seem to place ‘tolerance’ into this neat little box not only do you have to respect the person, you also have to accept their lifestyle. I have friends that are liberals. I am adamantly against the ideals that define liberalism. But these friends of mine I care for very deeply and would give my life for them if I had to. I mentioned it in another thread that my cousin is gay. I love her very much. I care far more for her than to let my disagreement with her being gay to get in the way of that.

Midnightrider

You do understand that someone can disagree with something and still have a tolerance for it as a means of respecting the person and their choices. Do I have to go into detail about what that means? Because I disagree with something doesn’t mean I’m not willing to live with it and respect the person.
If that is what you beelive, and what you teach your children, then what is wrong with tolerence being taught in schools, even talked about by GLTB?

You seem to place ‘tolerance’ into this neat little box not only do you have to respect the person, you also have to accept their lifestyle. I have friends that are liberals. I am adamantly against the ideals that define liberalism. But these friends of mine I care for very deeply and would give my life for them if I had to. I mentioned it in another thread that my cousin is gay. I love her very much. I care far more for her than to let my disagreement with her being gay to get in the way of that.

tolerate and accept yes, like or beleive it is moral, no.

bcp

In My Opinion

would you have a problem teaching kids to tolerate Christians praying in school?

bcp

In My Opinion
If that is what you beelive, and what you teach your children, then what is wrong with tolerence being taught in schools, even talked about by GLTB?

tolerate and accept yes, like or beleive it is moral, no.

so we accept that homosexuality is immoral, and ask them to tolerate us for not wanting to include them in things?

Vince

nobody is asking you to tolerate gay sex in school, that would be the equivelent.
:bs: No, not the equivalent. They are teaching kids in school that being gay is normal. I don't hear of them teaching anything about God, religion, etc. You're not even allowed to mention God in school.

Midnightrider

:bs: No, not the equivalent. They are teaching kids in school that being gay is normal. I don't hear of them teaching anything about God, religion, etc. You're not even allowed to mention God in school.

But they do teach In school that having religion is normal, and they do yeah religious tolerance.

Midnightrider

nobody is asking you to tolerate gay sex in school, that would be the equivelent.

I actualy misread bCPs previous comment. I thought he meant teachers leading prayer. I think that they should teach others to tolerate students who choose to pray in school, no matter what religion.