Thoughts on underage drinking?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm seem to remember back in '81 one of my shipmates from Florida telling me that Florida had a two-tiered drinking. It was 21 unless the person had a military ID, then it was 18. Has anyone heard of that?

I wouldn't say it was a rule or anything, more of a "I got your back" deal at the local liquor stores where I came from. Connecticut doesn't have a huge military presence like Maryland, so the few kids in my town that did join, they knew of the couple liquor stores that looked the other way when they presented their military ID's...

I got no complaints about this. I especially liked it when I used to date one of the only Marines in town! He did 2 tours in Iraq before the age of 20 :shrug: We were both underage and his parents let everyone party there, although we all had to supply our own, but the rule was everyone left the keys with his mom and everyone stayed the night. But then again, it was a super small town at the time and everyone knew everyone's parents.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Ah, yes.....the raging hormones. That term means something different for us fellas, fortunately or UNfortunately, depending on how you look at it.

Don't take this the wrong way. Even though you probably will.

I have a boyfriend and he knows about you. :jet:

He may post on the forums soon.

He didn't get married until he was 47 and never had kids. Kind of unusual?
I consider myself kind of lucky. Stepchildren are a bitch.

I don't know if he was a hydro and I'm afraid to even ask. All I know is he is different and a wonderful man.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Don't take this the wrong way. Even though you probably will.

I have a boyfriend and he knows about you. :jet:

He may post on the forums soon.

What wrong way would I take that? What does he know? Or does he actually know me? Gimme a name; I'll tell you if he knows me IRL.

Jbeckman

In MD it is legal for parents to give their own kids alcohol. It is not legal to give it to other kids.

But limited in the home and can not lead to endangerment. And CPS could still be involved. After they are 18 - I am not certain how it falls as they are now adults, but not of age to drink.