Three die playing catch with grenade

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BANJA LUKA, Bosnia - A hand grenade being used instead of a ball in a game of catch exploded early on Saturday killing three youths in this Bosnian town, police and news agencies said.

Two youths aged 19 and 20, one of them from neighboring Croatia, were killed instantly while a 20-year-old woman died on her way to hospital, police said. Her sister was slightly injured but two other youths suffered serious injuries.

The blast occurred at 2:00 a.m. in the western town of Novi Grad at a place in the town center frequented by youngsters. Police said an inquiry was under way and declined further comment. It was not clear why the grenade exploded.

Three Darwin award winners...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Depends on what they are calling a grenade... bomblets out of a cluster bomb look like, and are the same size as baseballs... they have small ridges in them to make them rotate while falling, and are randomly set to arm/ explode at 'x' amount of rotations.. the newer ones have a fail safe that force them to explode after so many hours or days.

We had a couple of kids die at Ft Knox doing something VERY similar.. You may throw it 100 times and nothing happen.. then the 101'st throw you hit that magical number of rotations, and **BOOM**

and our handgrenades are the same size and shape of a baseball, but they have a square ignitor sitting on top.. pretty obvious what you are playing with then.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So...

itsbob said:
Depends on what they are calling a grenade... bomblets out of a cluster bomb look like, and are the same size as baseballs... they have small ridges in them to make them rotate while falling, and are randomly set to arm/ explode at 'x' amount of rotations.. the newer ones have a fail safe that force them to explode after so many hours or days.

We had a couple of kids die at Ft Knox doing something VERY similar.. You may throw it 100 times and nothing happen.. then the 101'st throw you hit that magical number of rotations, and **BOOM**

...that prospect from Serejevo DID have an exploding fastball?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Here, you catch it....Nooooo, I don't want it....You catch it....Don't throw it to me....You keep it....I don't that damn thing...You take it...I don't want it ...You catch it....I think we should stop....Lets huddle together and figure out what we're going to do with this thing...OK?....OK just lay it here in the middle of us and we'll decid.........BOOM......nevermind

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Dupontster said:
Here, you catch it....Nooooo, I don't want it....You catch it....Don't throw it to me....You keep it....I don't that damn thing...You take it...I don't want it ...You catch it....I think we should stop....Lets huddle together and figure out what we're going to do with this thing...OK?....OK just lay it here in the middle of us and we'll decid.........BOOM......nevermind

:lmao: Gives new meaning to the game "Hot Potato."

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You gotta be high, drunk, or both to be playing that game.

If you can't figure out what sort thing you're playing with (is), then you deserve to cancel your account in the gene pool, and leave it to someone else. :dork:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
:lmao: Gives new meaning to the game "Hot Potato."

It reminds me of the Time Bomb game we had as kids. :lmao:

Attachments

• timebomb2.gif
    timebomb2.gif
    12.4 KB · Views: 36
  • timebomb.gif
    timebomb.gif
    58.7 KB · Views: 76
K

Kali

Even Canadians know better than to play catch with hand grenades. Sheesh.