throbbing index fingernail area

M

makemepurr

I mashed my finger pretty bad back in August, and had to drill a hole in the nail about 24 hours after. The pain was terrible, and I couldn't sleep. I steralized the smallest drill bit I have, and slowly drilled through the nail (by hand slowly turning it until it went through). I then squeezed it (hurt even more) to relieve the pressure. I kept doing it (through the same hole) for a couple of days until the pressure stopped building. A few days later, I was able to pull the nail off, and now it is pretty deformed trying to grow back. Good luck!!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I mashed my finger pretty bad back in August, and had to drill a hole in the nail about 24 hours after. The pain was terrible, and I couldn't sleep. I steralized the smallest drill bit I have, and slowly drilled through the nail (by hand slowly turning it until it went through). I then squeezed it (hurt even more) to relieve the pressure. I kept doing it (through the same hole) for a couple of days until the pressure stopped building. A few days later, I was able to pull the nail off, and now it is pretty deformed trying to grow back. Good luck!!

:flowers: very brave

glad you are ok!

PrepH4U

thanks belvak. atleast you aren't making stupida$$ comments like some of them are doing which aren't the least bit funny. yah i guess my finger is going to hurt for a while. i am getting ready to get off here and go ice my finger for the 2nd time today and prop my hand up for a bit to see if i can get it to stop its driving me crazy.
Too late!
What a GD baby! Maybe you should be on bed rest for the rest of the week! :whistle:

PrepH4U

Hey Jp....
It would be better if you posted all your medical ailments in fight club from now on.

Hey NP I have a hangnail, it hurts so bad, it catches on my sweater and other clothing. I have a call into my doctor to try and get an emergency appointment. Do you have any suggestions? Do you think I will need surgery to get rid of it?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Hey NP I have a hangnail, it hurts so bad, it catches on my sweater and other clothing. I have a call into my doctor to try and get an emergency appointment. Do you have any suggestions? Do you think I will need surgery to get rid of it?

Take your sweater off. Duh. :dance:

nomoney

I think I have a bone bruise on my finger from an acorn fight that got out hand. Can anyone tell me how to make the pain stop? I agree, I think fingers have pulses or something in them too, because they really hurt when they're broken or cut or bruised. I wonder why your hair doesn't hurt when you cut it though because I think it has something in it too?:eyebrow:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I think I have a bone bruise on my finger from an acorn fight that got out hand. Can anyone tell me how to make the pain stop? I agree, I think fingers have pulses or something in them too, because they really hurt when they're broken or cut or bruised. I wonder why your hair doesn't hurt when you cut it though because I think it has something in it too?:eyebrow:

This makes me think of the cartoons, someone hits their thumb with a hammer and it's all red, swollen and throbbing.

Oh, Nanny Pam should have a good time with that. :killingme

My head hurts. I think I have a brian anyourism. And ugly people seem attractive. My shoes smell like fish. What's wrong with me?