Tied or not?

Do you wear a tie to work?

• Yep, I wear a tie daily.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No ties, but "nice" clothes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Wearing a tie where I work can get you hurt!

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
While attacking Mount Laundry today, I thought about my necktie collection, hanging at the back of the closet with nowhere to go. The business-casual dress code makes wearing a tie "over-dressing." How 'bout you?

oldman

Lobster Land
Railroad said:
While attacking Mount Laundry today, I thought about my necktie collection, hanging at the back of the closet with nowhere to go. The business-casual dress code makes wearing a tie "over-dressing." How 'bout you?

I've been retired for 11 years now but when I moved down here to work it was suggested ties were manditory. Did them for a number of years and then casual Fridays came into being. Heck, I liked casual and didn't figure I was getting paid for my looks so my last few years at work were all casual. I would wear one if an outsider was on the schedule, but otherwise I went to work feeling comfortable. There are times and places where they are appropriate, but I haven't experienced any in a number of years now.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Speaking on behave of the guys I work with, none of them wear ties. Wearing a tie will get you lots of questions. Where are you going today, whats the occasion, are you receiving a fax... blah blah blah. If one of the ladies comes in really dressed up in say maybe a suit (pants or skirt) we get the same questions. We all dress fairly nice but nothing impressing. It pretty laid back in my office. I don't think my boss would care too much if I came to work in sweats and sneakers.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wearing a tie where I work can get you hurt.
some of the other kids would make fun of you and beat you up.

Claff

My first job out of college required a tie so I won't wear them for work ever again. A couple times a year I have to get in the monkey suit so the one tie I own comes out for those occasions, but that's it.