Tiki

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
bobbyflatliner said:
Whos Going To Tiki????!!!!
Not me....

I really don't see what's so fantastic about it... other than generating revenue for the Tiki Bar & the 'gotta go to be seen' attidude...i can get drunk & nekked at home, without all the hassle. I suppose if you are young & immature (in mind or age) & you would like the oppurtunity to get arrested, then that scene is tailor made for you. :ohwell:

G

Gemmi

SEABREEZE 1957 said:
Not me....

I really don't see what's so fantastic about it... other than generating revenue for the Tiki Bar & the 'gotta go to be seen' attidude...i can get drunk & nekked at home, without all the hassle. I suppose if you are young & immature (in mind or age) & you would like the oppurtunity to get arrested, then that scene is tailor made for you. :ohwell:

I agree.I have never been there and don't want to go.Too many people and too much noise.I will stick with my local bar down the street.To those who are going. :cheers:

willie

I don't understand why the Calvert County taxpayers have to pay to try to keep these drunks under control.

Otter

Nothing to see here
willie said:
I don't understand why the Calvert County taxpayers have to pay to try to keep these drunks under control.

:yeahthat: I think I need to see my tax dollars at work firsthand, so I think I will check that out.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Gemmi said:
I agree.I have never been there and don't want to go.Too many people and too much noise.I will stick with my local bar down the street.To those who are going. :cheers:

yeah but my local bar has gun toting thugs:confused:

Vince

otter said:
:yeahthat: I think I need to see my tax dollars at work firsthand, so I think I will check that out.
You will find every cop in Calvert County in Solomons. State Police also. I've never seen so many police in one place at one time. Still had a blast. Too bad Bowens isn't there. They had all you can eat shrimp last year. :yum:

ylexot

Super Genius
Weather forecast: 70% chance of rain/thunder...I think I'll skip it this year. I guess I'll have to wear the shirt that I got for Tiki some other time.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Vince said:
You will find every cop in Calvert County in Solomons. State Police also. I've never seen so many police in one place at one time. Still had a blast. Too bad Bowens isn't there. They had all you can eat shrimp last year. :yum:

It is a fun time. Not everybody is drunk and falling down...quite the contrary. Lots of people from all over..nice, friendly. Nice atmosphere, especially if its a pretty day.

MMDad

Lem Putt
willie said:
Between room taxes and sales tax for those thousands of people, the taxpayers are well reimbursed for the police presence. It is also a decent contribution to the local businesses. With the focus on tourism in Solomon's, one night of wildness in return for the publicity is a good deal.

As a Calvert taxpayer, I am in favor of the police presence. Other than a few fights and some drug busts, the cops spend an evening people watching and viewing some ta-tas. What's the problem?

Midnightrider

willie said:
I'm not sure, but i think that the Tiki bar has to pay part of the tab for security just like most big events do.

Besides, the county probably sees it as a chance to make money. They park a bus under the bridge and fill it with DUI's, public intoxications, DD's,etc. So if the nab 50-60 in the weekend, and most of those have to get a laywer, go to court, probably take "alcohol classes" or whatever, then go to court and get their sentence. I've heard that it can cost thousands even if you end up getting a PBJ

willie

MMDad said:
Between room taxes and sales tax for those thousands of people, the taxpayers are well reimbursed for the police presence. It is also a decent contribution to the local businesses. With the focus on tourism in Solomon's, one night of wildness in return for the publicity is a good deal.

As a Calvert taxpayer, I am in favor of the police presence. Other than a few fights and some drug busts, the cops spend an evening people watching and viewing some ta-tas. What's the problem?
What is the sales tax rate for Calvert County?

Tomorrow's weather forecast...

Expect a cloudy morning. There could be a few raindrops around the area. Temperatures will drop from 57 early this morning to 53 by 8:00am then climb back up to 65 late morning. Winds will be 5 to 10 MPH from the southeast turning from the east as the morning progresses.

It should be a wet and cloudy afternoon. Expect moderate rain. The rain is predicted to start near 1:00pm. Expect accumulations of 0.38 inches. Today's high of 67 will occur around 1:00pm as temperatures drop to 54 by late afternoon. Winds will be 10 to 15 MPH from the east turning from the southeast as the afternoon progresses.

It will be a cloudy evening. Moderate rain is expected. Expect 0.30 inches of rain by the end of this evening. Temperatures will hold steady around 53. Winds will be 10 to 15 MPH from the southeast turning from the east as the evening progresses.

Otter

Nothing to see here
kwillia said:
Expect a cloudy morning. There could be a few raindrops around the area. Temperatures will drop from 57 early this morning to 53 by 8:00am then climb back up to 65 late morning. Winds will be 5 to 10 MPH from the southeast turning from the east as the morning progresses.

It should be a wet and cloudy afternoon. Expect moderate rain. The rain is predicted to start near 1:00pm. Expect accumulations of 0.38 inches. Today's high of 67 will occur around 1:00pm as temperatures drop to 54 by late afternoon. Winds will be 10 to 15 MPH from the east turning from the southeast as the afternoon progresses.

It will be a cloudy evening. Moderate rain is expected. Expect 0.30 inches of rain by the end of this evening. Temperatures will hold steady around 53. Winds will be 10 to 15 MPH from the southeast turning from the east as the evening progresses.

No smow?

ylexot

Super Genius
kwillia said:

I've been to a Tiki opening that was like that before (maybe colder)...it sucked. I'll wait for good weather.

Mikeinsmd

kwillia said:

What site did you get that from? :flowers: