Tim Russert Dies From Apparent Heart Attack

B

Bruzilla

I will admit, sadly, that I thought about that too. I thought I was being cynical, but seeings as two others (at least) were thinking the same, it makes me wonder how bad of a heart history he had.

Either way, mourn before accusations.

I just read that Russert co-hosts a daily radio show with head Clintonista James Carville. I wonder who picked up lunch yesterday?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
The rest of this political season will be so dull without Tim Russert's insightful commentary. I have always liked him...swore I would vote for him if he ever ran for ANY political office (which was never likely).

A devout Catholic, I am sure he is in our Lord's presence. RIP Mr. Russert.

sommpd

Wow...Just watched him the other night...Great interviewer..always asked the hard questions...
Yes, he will be very hard to replace.
I am sorry he is gone.
Prayers for his family and friends....and all his fans.
RIP Tim..:flowers:
I read his book about his father. He seemed like a genuine guy, someone from regular roots who achieved great success! I liked him, this is very sad!

Kerad

Damn. :frown:

Tim Russert was the very best at what he did.

Meet the Press has been a staple of my Sunday mornings ever since I started actively following politics. His professionalism somehow blended perfectly with his generous personality. Always asking the important questions, without trying to make it about himself.

For me, following politics will never be the quite same now that he's gone. Nobody will ever be able deliver what he did.

RIP, Tim.

sommpd

This is kind of odd for me to read this with so many overwhelming positive messages about someone. Good on ya Tim! God bless your family!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

That was the first thing I thought too. Are we being deeply cynical or realistic?

...now there is a good question; what is the difference between a cynic and a realist?

A cynic is someone a bit to reflexive to be realistic.

A realist is someone who has reflected about their cynicism.

:lmao:

Russert has looked bad for some time now, unhealthy bad. That was my very first reaction; no surprise at all. That is realistic.

As for the rest, well, I am far to realistic to rule anything else out. :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Russert has looked bad for some time now, unhealthy bad. That was my very first reaction; no surprise at all. That is realistic.

I was watching one of the NBC shows last night. They were talking about Russert's health issues over the last few years. Apparently, he had some sort of a heart problem that he didn't discuss very often. He struggled with his weight..I want to say it was Brokaw who was concerned about him and talked to him, but I'm not positive...I was flipping channels and saw so much. Anyway, the person said he had talked to Russert about his health - weight, working too hard, and the heart problem. And Russert had just moved his dad to an assisted living facility and was apparently very upset about that.

Last edited:

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
It will likely be circulated among close circles that this years hot tempo of political election coverage is what did Tim in since he was already at risk with a known medical condition. Consequently, we lost a rare and real class act of an individual in political analysis and will be sorely missed. RIP