Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Ticket & Fine

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
An interesting approach in Estonia (a BEAUTIFUL country, btw) to auto speeding:

A VERY small "n," but still worth a ponder or two (i.e., thinking outside the box). Here's a snip from a few paragraphs in:
Earlier this fall, Estonian police launched the experiment on a small stretch of road. Drivers who were caught speeding and fit the target profile were then given the choice. If drivers didn't want to pay the fine, they would sit idly on the side of the road for a pre-determined time of between 45 and 60 minutes, depending on how fast they were caught traveling. Once the time-out was over, the offenders were free to go.

Total reading time: <4 minutes (unless you're a SPEED reader, then it will be under a minute!).

What would you choose? Take the poll (above).

--- End of line (MCP)

glhs837

Power with Control
Situational. I don't always speed because I'm in a hurry. So I might very well sit on the side of the road. But were I rushing to get somewhere I would eat the fine and get moving.

Of course, I generally think that time spent enforcing speed laws could be better spent. I mean, really, how much time do local troopers spend sitting on 235 on Sunday mornings?

Auntie Biache'

Ticket and fine. If I did it, I'm guilty. If I didn't, I wouldn't be stopped. If I choose to break the law, I'll pay the ticket. Ain't got no time for time outs.

Freefaller

What happens when another driver plows into one of those cars waiting on the side of the road? What if that car has a family in it, who's responsible?

Chris0nllyn

What happens when another driver plows into one of those cars waiting on the side of the road? What if that car has a family in it, who's responsible?

Who would be responsible if a car plowed into a car full of family members that broke down? How is this any different and not the fault of a shitty driver?

Freefaller

Who would be responsible if a car plowed into a car full of family members that broke down? How is this any different and not the fault of a shitty driver?
Well, of course the Sh***y driver would be at fault. But, making the car sit on the shoulder of the highway has put them in a very hazardous postion that they would not have been in but for the actions of the government, the police in this case. The shoulder of a highway is a very dangerous place to sit. Just ask any state trooper!

Chris0nllyn

Well, of course the Sh***y driver would be at fault. But, making the car sit on the shoulder of the highway has put them in a very hazardous postion that they would not have been in but for the actions of the government, the police in this case. The shoulder of a highway is a very dangerous place to sit. Just ask any state trooper!

Here's a picture of the enforcement. They are all parked in a large parking lot off the roadway. Police aren't making people sit on the shoulder.
https://tv.delfi.ee/uudised/paevauu...3053#!dgs=dgsee-251353:7b1wDsceaX39Wa2iA_aXyx