Time to break up the United States?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I mean, it's not like we're united anymore. I'd be very happy to live in a country that doesn't include CA, HI, OR, IL, or NY. Plus a few others.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And Part II is that the Supremes are NOT debating abolishing abortion - they're debating states' rights, which would make abortion laws up to the states instead of the federal government.

I'm thinking this may be the way to go.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And Part II is that the Supremes are NOT debating abolishing abortion - they're debating states' rights, which would make abortion laws up to the states instead of the federal government.

You'd never know that if your news all comes from lamestream media sources. Some of their heads even outright lie and claim that overturning R v W would make abortions illegal....period.

UglyBear

Same problem as with any civil war — it’s not cut-and-dry, the best evidence is this forum, and MD by extension.
The “super blue” state of MD is blue, geographically, only in the DC-Balt corridor, where most of the population is. Most other counties are red, and would not want to join the new county of Libtardia. Same goes for CA, where only the coastal areas are blue. OR is blue only around Portland. etc etc.

(the War of Northern Aggression was an uncharacteristically clean-cut civil war — at least in the Eastern US).

Hijinx

That was the point of the first Civil War, that states had the right to secede, and it was written that indeed they did, but obviously they didn't.
Once in they're in.
States rights have taken an ass whipping for a long time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That was the point of the first Civil War, that states had the right to secede, and it was written that indeed they did, but obviously they didn't.
Once in they're in.
States rights have taken an ass whipping for a long time.
Point of fact...a couple of the southern states were very reluctant to approve of the Constitution and become part of the union specifically because they feared a loss of sovereignty....were finally convinced to sign up only after, literally, being assured that "hey, come on on..try it..you can always just leave the union of you don't like it".. Not 75 years passed before they found that Lincoln had other ideas about squashing state's rights. (And quite a few other facets of the Constitution too...Lincoln was the first/worst when it came to ignoring the Constitution.)

Another interesting tidbit that always seems to get lost in the telling... Maryland and Kentucky were split on the whole secession thing and which side to join up with....so was Virginia and that's where West Virginia came from. But the real tell to me was the stated reluctance of more than one state that seceded to then join the Confederate Union. Their initial attitude goes back to where they where in 1787..."Da fuq, man??..we just voted to leave one union of states and now you want us to turn our sovereignty over to another one???" They did so, reluctantly, only after Lincoln decided to maintain the union by force and realizing that they had to pool their resources to have even a chance at holding that action back. Jeff Davis was adamantly opposed to taking any military action beyond the defense of Confederate states against invasion....despite the strong advice from his key generals...Thomas Jackson in particular...to immediately invade the north and cut off Washington DC entirely, something they could have easily accomplished in the first year of the fighting.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Point of fact...a couple of the southern states were very reluctant to approve of the Constitution and become part of the union specifically because they feared a loss of sovereignty....were finally convinced to sign up only after, literally, being assured that "hey, come on on..try it..you can always just leave the union of you don't like it".. Not 75 years passed before they found that Lincoln had other ideas about squashing state's rights. (And quite a few other facets of the Constitution too...Lincoln was the first/worst when it came to ignoring the Constitution.)
No doubt of that. If we could ask the elected representatives of the Maryland legislature who spent the war in prison with no trial and no bail we would soon find that old Abe didn't give a damn about the Constitution at that time. To me the same thing is happening right now with the 1/6 prisoners locked up in DC jail. How many prisoners died at Point Lookout just because the North decided to treat them like animals.
Guarded by former slaves, their blankets taken away and disease left untreated.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't know about the country splitting up, but I think Authoritarians will get more and more bold in there actions attacking those who oppose them deaths will ensue, people on the right will strike back, tired of being targets

limblips

PREMO Member
I am not in favor of breaking up the U.S. But I am in favor of states being broken up. Northern California, Northern New York, Eastern Oregon and Washington, and much of New Hampshire do not like what the urban areas elect but can't vote out the libs. As I have stated before, of the 60+ counties in NY, only 12 voted for hrc or cuomo.

Hijinx

In reality the portions of Maryland and Virginia on the Eastern Shore should be part of Delaware.

HemiHauler

Not time to break up the US - just time for you and your ilk to GTFO. We patriots will stay behind and handle business. We will let you useful idiots back in eventually but you will never vote in our elections again.

Deal? Yes? Go - GTFO. You’re neither wanted nor needed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not time to break up the US - just time for you and your ilk to GTFO. We patriots will stay behind and handle business. We will let you useful idiots back in eventually but you will never vote in our elections again.

Deal? Yes? Go - GTFO. You’re neither wanted nor needed.

:roflmao: