Time To Thank Ehrlich For MD's Top Economic Ranking

Warron

You mean he actually did something while in office? The only two things I ever heard about him was his failed slot machine initiative and his habit of firing state employees who weren't republicans. Not that the current governor is any better. I know more about what the mayor of dc is up to then any governor who has ever held office in md and I don't even live anywhere near dc.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Warron said:
his failed slot machine initiative
Slots only failed because of idiot liberals Mike Miller and Michael Bush and the other Democrats that bashed it to death and killed it before it could be voted on because they couldn't bear to let Republicans take credit for a successful initiative and all the revenue it would have brought the state. Now the Dems are bringing it back like it's their idea and will ram it thru and take all the credit. Hypocrites!

Kerad

Lee said:
Hi everyone,

While former Republican Gov. Robert Ehrlich Jr. was swept out of office by a tidal wave of anti-Bush and Iraqi war sentiment, the latest figures from the U.S. Census Bureau ranking Maryland as the richest state in the Union shows how effective his economic and management policies were.

Here's a link to the rest:
http://lastreporter.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/08/latest-census-c.html

Ehrlich's responsible for what employees get paid? Wow...thanks, ex-Gov. Ehrlich!

Is he responsible for the cost of living in Maryland, as well?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Warron said:
You mean he actually did something while in office? The only two things I ever heard about him was his failed slot machine initiative and his habit of firing state employees who weren't republicans. Not that the current governor is any better. I know more about what the mayor of dc is up to then any governor who has ever held office in md and I don't even live anywhere near dc.

Don't forget the flush tax and hiked auto registration fees (taxes).