Tips on things to do and places to see for two?

Kumba

Been scratching my head over this the last few days, and thought I had something good in mind with an awesome friend to have some dinner at a restaurant in Waldorf and then go catch the "Gardens in Light" exhibit at Annmarie Gardens over in Solomons. But some last minute scheduling oddities came up, so we'll have to postpone that till into Jan at the earliest. This means the Gardens in Light show won't be available anymore, so while I was thinking of still visiting Annmarie Gardens, I was wondering what else is out there to see and do in good old Southern Maryland.

My friend is mostly familiar with things up in northern MD, and she's never been down to SoMD in any major capacity, so I was looking for something that will be fun and creative, yet is still unique to the SoMD area. Been going through the entertainment section here and looking through listings on Google, but I'm drawing a blank on things.

Anyone got any good pointers? I've not been around the area as much as I should have been, given I've only lived here most of my life (that's my fault!), so I'm not as knowledgeable as others are :) (This means it'll be an adventure for the both of us, which only makes it all the more fun!)

Or if anyone knows more info on the Belly dancing troupe that's down here, that would be really awesome (she's into that quite a bit, so it'd be a treat for sure). Their site looks like it hasn't been updated since October, and I didn't know if they performed anywhere else that might list times & locations.

Last edited:
If you are going to see the lights at AM gardens, you should have dinner at Vera's the food is yummy! and if you get there before dark the view is awesome!

Kumba

If you are going to see the lights at AM gardens, you should have dinner at Vera's the food is yummy! and if you get there before dark the view is awesome!

Where abouts is Vera's, and what's the style of food that they serve perchance? Doubt we'd be able to make the light show at the Garden before they close that exhibit down, but still maybe worth a trip to stop by and see the normal walking tour.

Might be something going on at the theater and there is a community calendar on the somd.com home page

Ah, another theatre group! Thanks, I'll poke around on their page and see what all they do.

I also discovered Southern Maryland ATV whilst exploring MD234 today, so I may look into that as an option. Used to be a Go-Kart track up here in Waldorf, but as far as I can tell, that closed down quite awhile ago. ATVs seems like more fun, and the price on their website looks pretty good, too.