TJ Bridge

inkah

Thanks! I had seen the vid, but couldn't tell if it was open. Out of curiosity, how do you know?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Watched the vid for few minutes, saw no traffic at all.

Someone would be crazy to go across the bridge in these conditions.

Folks who are out running around in this are not only endangering themselves, but endangering the emergency workers who will have to come fetch them if they get in an accident. If it were up to me, I'd leave them there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Folks who are out running around in this are not only endangering themselves, but endangering the emergency workers who will have to come fetch them if they get in an accident. If it were up to me, I'd leave them there.

Tell us how you REALLY feel. :killingme

I agree 100%, but a lot of our volunteers, God bless them, thrive on their service and overcoming obstacles. I hope all remember to donate to our local First Responders.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Sometimes you don't have that option, they may have been emergency workers on their way to work.

PeoplesElbow

I keep waiting for a report that some moron went out in their boat and the coast guard had to rescue them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sometimes you don't have that option, they may have been emergency workers on their way to work.

That's excusable; I'm talking about the people who are out gallivanting. The ones who ran out of beer. Or are bored and want to go to a friend's house. Or just want to go lookyloo.

BigBlue

The Maryland State Highway Administration would not close that bridge unless there were sustained winds of 50 mph or more.

I thought the Governor declared a "state of Emergency" and wanted everyone off the road by 7 am,why does that not close bridges?

stgislander

PREMO Member
That's excusable; I'm talking about the people who are out gallivanting. The ones who ran out of beer. Or are bored and want to go to a friend's house. Or just want to go lookyloo.

That's about the only reasonable excuse to be out driving around. We went on a beer run in a jon boat down Piney Point Road during Hurricane Isabel.

One another note, we've got a snow plow (farm tractor) stuck in a ditch here in the neighborhood. It's been there probably two hours. The young guy driving said he called a tow truck. Lord knows when the tow truck will arrive. A 3/4 ton pickup with a plow attached tried to yank him out but couldn't get any traction.

dave1959

I thought the Governor declared a "state of Emergency" and wanted everyone off the road by 7 am,why does that not close bridges?

State of emergency has nothing to do with traveling on the roads.... All it does is allow for federal aid and use resources that are not normally available

ginwoman

That's about the only reasonable excuse to be out driving around. We went on a beer run in a jon boat down Piney Point Road during Hurricane Isabel.

One another note, we've got a snow plow (farm tractor) stuck in a ditch here in the neighborhood. It's been there probably two hours. The young guy driving said he called a tow truck. Lord knows when the tow truck will arrive. A 3/4 ton pickup with a plow attached tried to yank him out but couldn't get any traction.

Your tractor ain't got not traction?

inkah

Medical personnel, as I understand it generally have to get to work. I have a friend who has a 40 mile commute that requires crossing the bridge to get to work. We were wondering which route she should take.

Now to the moron in my hood who ran into a bank while texting and sat in his car smoking and continuing to text while I tried for about a half an hour to dig him out... grrrr

Popster

Medical personnel, as I understand it generally have to get to work. I have a friend who has a 40 mile commute that requires crossing the bridge to get to work. We were wondering which route she should take.

Now to the moron in my hood who ran into a bank while texting and sat in his car smoking and continuing to text while I tried for about a half an hour to dig him out... grrrr

And you did this because???? A few weeks ago a large tree came down across our road. I got my tractor/loader and chain saw and started to clear the road when some very important woman appeared in her car and asked if we would please hurry as she had some place to be. It was around 8 p.m. Got on the tractor and went home. I have no idea when the road was cleared. The older I get the more of a curmudgeon I become.