to all who want information

K

kellster

This is to all who want more information regarding the loveville crash. I attend Chopticon and I was a sophmore with Tee Thompson. The 15 year old who was killed in this crash. Heres a news update. Everyone in the car was related and had permission. Also it is said that a car had pulled out in front of the STS bus causing the car with the four young youths to collide with the STS bus. I was with Tee's boyfriend most of the day and yes the school was devistated. Especially her fellow basketball team members and all of her best friends. She will be greatly missed and the school is going to do everything possible to help her family. To all who did not know her personally its a great loss. Tee was one of the most kind hearted people you will ever meet. We love you and miss you Tee. You will always be here with us. The rest of the game season is yours!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The only question I had, seeing how she was a backseat passenger..

SEATBELTS??

I admit I don't know much about the accident, where the bus hit the car etc.. but this was my first question when I heard the BACKseat passenger was killed.

sinwagon

Sorry for your loss and this is a tragedy regardless of how it happened.

My son is 17 and I am on pins and needles every time he walks out that door until he returns.

Another question I guess I would have, is I believe the driver was 17, isn't there a new passenger rule for kids who are on provisional license? Was he on his provisionals? I know that we got notification that states while on provisionals no passengers, no cell phone and no tickets.

M

missperky

sinwagon said:
Sorry for your loss and this is a tragedy regardless of how it happened.

My son is 17 and I am on pins and needles every time he walks out that door until he returns.

Another question I guess I would have, is I believe the driver was 17, isn't there a new passenger rule for kids who are on provisional license? Was he on his provisionals? I know that we got notification that states while on provisionals no passengers, no cell phone and no tickets.
Yes there is a law for kids on provisional license:

Provisional license holders under the age of 18, during the first 5 months (151 days) of the provisional period, are not allowed to have passengers under the age of 18, unless accompanied by a qualified supervising driver or the passengers are direct family members. Direct family members can be a spouse, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson, sister, brother, stepsister, or stepbrother of the provisional license holder, or a relative of the license holder who lives at the same address.
http://mva.state.md.us/DriverServ/ROOKIEDRIVER/bgeneralprovisional.htm

L

ladylara

sinwagon said:
i can only imagine! i have two small babies and i am sure i'll be a basket case when they get to the age they can go out without me.
i just saw four people yesterday, as i did my errands around town, NOT wearing seatbelts. boogles the mind. how hard is it to put it on EVERYTIME you get in the car? it's the first thing i do before i start my car.
very sorry for your loss, kellster. truly.

This is all very sad, very sad indeed. I hurt each time I read that a childs life has been lost. Could this have been avoided? Is there any lesson here to pass on? My thoughts and prayers to the friends and family.

willie

kellster said:
This is to all who want more information regarding the loveville crash.
Everyone in the car was related and had permission. Also it is said that a car had pulled out in front of the STS bus causing the car with the four young youths to collide with the STS bus.

I don't get a clear picture of what you are saying. If a car pulled in front of the bus, why did the teens go into the bus and not away and off the road? It is my understanding that the bus was in the proper lane.

Any way that it's explained, it's a very sad thing.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
It is always so sad to hear young people involved in accidents. Getting my teens through their first years of driving was spent constantly preaching, harping, nagging. They did their share of mistakes and misjudgments but the only way to learn is to do. As much as we can give children cars, lessons, love, and be a pain in their butts we can't give them the wisdom we have aquired. Hopefully the teens from the area who are affected by this tragedy will be a little more cautious, a little more attentive to road situations, a little slower, and remember to expect the unexpected. Our condolences to the family, friends and school community at Chopticon

K

kellster

what im gonna say to you is were u there. have u talked to her faimly or her friends. and if a back seat passenger died when the front of the car hit the bus wouldnt they all be dead too.

K

kellster

yea were u there. did u listen to the news. do u know her family. dont reply with rude comments if u dont believe the info mind ur own buisness

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kellster said:
yea were u there. did u listen to the news. do u know her family. dont reply with rude comments if u dont believe the info mind ur own buisness

To whom are you speaking? :confused:

K

kellster

theres a guy that made a rude comment about how supposebly i was wrong with my information if ur gonna be a dick about the situation then dont post

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kellster said:
theres a guy that made a rude comment about how supposebly i was wrong with my information if ur gonna be a dick about the situation then dont post
[ Reply w/Quote ] is your friend.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kellster said:
I didn't see any rude comments, all I saw was a few people with questions, that are wondering exactly what happened..

I didn't see any blame being placed, fingers being pointed.. as far as posts go in here, pretty civil.

Or are you just trying to :elaine:

Hessian

Looking at the scene...asking the right questions...

I did go to the scene...with the driver of the STS bus....I did go to the garage pen where the bus was and take a close look at it.

The under the frame AC unit was ripped off...right behind the Driver's door. The rear axle was badly bent with rim damage on both the front and rear hubs.

The side mirror was GONE---it lined up right at head level with a passing car.
The Caprice has a low nose that clearly wedged under the passenger compartment of the bus (lifting it) and then swung broadside into the bus and careened off into the field.

I can understand now...how metal from the Van (mirror & trim...and fiberglas came crashing through the rear passenger compartment on the Caprice....it met a passenger who was thrown up against her door.-Sadly, there was a lot of metal torn away from that side of the Caprice, I can understand how she wouldn't likely survive.

I am sorry for the family, her friends, and your loss.
Hessian.