to all who want information

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Girl has some friends over this weekend, and I asked why several of them don't drive. The answer, they're scared to get out there with the lunatics. Do any of you know teens that are afraid to get out there?

When I was this age, everyone I knew couldn't wait to drive.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
elaine said:
Girl has some friends over this weekend, and I asked why several of them don't drive. The answer, they're scared to get out there with the lunatics. Do any of you know teens that are afraid to get out there?

I didn't want to drive. I would watch people drive all over the place.....figured it was better for me to watch from the side lines then drive anywhere.....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hessian said:
I did go to the scene...with the driver of the STS bus....I did go to the garage pen where the bus was and take a close look at it.

The under the frame AC unit was ripped off...right behind the Driver's door. The rear axle was badly bent with rim damage on both the front and rear hubs.

The side mirror was GONE---it lined up right at head level with a passing car.
The Caprice has a low nose that clearly wedged under the passenger compartment of the bus (lifting it) and then swung broadside into the bus and careened off into the field.

I can understand now...how metal from the Van (mirror & trim...and fiberglas came crashing through the rear passenger compartment on the Caprice....it met a passenger who was thrown up against her door.-Sadly, there was a lot of metal torn away from that side of the Caprice, I can understand how she wouldn't likely survive.

I am sorry for the family, her friends, and your loss.
Hessian.
WOW, any guess form anyone in the know how fast they were going?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
I would imagine the speed limit, maybe, which is 50 around there. No matter, very sad. I am so sorry another child lost her life and another child is going to feel guilty about this the rest of their life. God grant them the ability to accept the things they cannot change, etc., etc.

itsbob said:
It's a 50 zone and he pulled into the other lane to pass the car in front of him... so one can assume he was accelerating as he crossed the line. :ohwell:

W

Wenchy

elaine said:

My daughter is happy with me driving her everywhere she needs to go.

She tells me that her peers (which I won't let her drive along with either) are horrible drivers. Two have been killed on the roads here during her high school years.

Many parents today give (or allow access to) their kids a car, a key, and a cell phone.

Yes, the adults are also yakking away when they should focus on driving...plain scary, and stupid.

That spells tragedy right there.

HA! One day soon, I may no longer drive.

emiloch

7D Girl
I was afraid to drive in high school -- I saw how crazy some of the other kids were on the road and avoided it. I didn't get my license until I was 22.