To those who believe in God

What got you believing in God?

• The bible, other written text, ect...

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Pastor, Preist, ect...

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Witness of a miracle

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Television show, radio broadcast, movie (Passion), ect...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (you explain)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I voted other because there are multiple reasons. I was raise going to church. The very first song I remember signing is "Jesus Loves Me". I went through a period of unbelief during my early college years; I wanted to do what I wanted to do without answering to anyone or anything including God. As I studied more science, there was far more that science could not explain than there was that is could explain; often the scientific explanations would change with whatever research was in favor at the time. The Bible explanations are consistent. Then I experienced the filling of the Holy Spirit (which is quite miraculous); it was at that point I went from "I believe" to "I know" Jesus is the Savior and God come as man. I have experienced other miracles that just affirm what I know.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
When I was in my teens, I went to church A LOT! I went on almost every one of their teen retreats, attended Wednesday "youth group" and got my sleepy butt up to attend 3 out of 4 Sundays. Over time, I realized how hypocritical some people were and figured if I wanted to rejoice with God, I'd do it on my own time and in my own setting. :patriot:

kingvjack

I just believe their is a god. Who, I dont know.... I'm not buyin the church thing.. Their is enough money wrapped up in that crap to cure all the diseases and such in the world probably. I'm not into the bible cause it doesn't have one true basis of meaning, and any story told for that long is no longer true...

So if I'm outside and I see a tree, It's god
If I step in dog crap it's cause of god
If I see a pretty sunset... Its god
and If I see Jesus.. Its acid.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
Probably life events made me have more of a belief in God. I hardly ever attended church when I was young, but now that I'm grown, I realize that God has had a hand in many parts of my life. I've sinned and been forgiven over and over again, and I continue to be thankful for what He has given me.

PJumper

I believe in God 'cause there were some significant events (miracles?) that happened during my adolescent and young adult life that convinced me of his existence. Everytime I asked for his help with utmost sincerity, things happen. I've been raised both as a protestant and catholic (due to parent's political affilition) but nevertheless I have maintained my Faith in him.