Tom Brady or Joe Montana

CrashTest

I'd still take Brady over Montana.

Brady's receivers weren't getting open on Sunday. I lost count of how many plays Brady was waiting, waiting, waiting for ANYONE to get open before grounding the football to avoid a sack.

If he had half of a Jerry Rice out there, we'd be talking about the Pats/Steelers game this week.

Kinda my point about him being overrated. Give him a group of receivers that can't get open, and toss in the 2003 Redskins O-Line, and Brady would be no better than Patrick Ramsey.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Kinda my point about him being overrated. Give him a group of receivers that can't get open, and toss in the 2003 Redskins O-Line, and Brady would be no better than Patrick Ramsey.

You'd have to say the same thing about Montana, then. All of the great QB's had great teammates that helped them get that way. I'd say Brady's teammates were less "great" than the ones Joe had.

CrashTest

John Riggins on his radio show today talking about Tom Brady...

"It's not that hard playing quarterback for New England"

"(Brady)...is not a guy I want to go into battle with"

Beta84

They're out to get us
I love it how everyone bashes Brady because he has all sorts of time back there. First off, he has good pocket presence and knows how to maneuver to buy more time. Second, he's a POCKET PASSER. Most POCKET PASSERS are just like him. It's just that the NFL isn't used to this whole concept of QBs staying in the pocket and not rolling out anymore. It's not as exciting if a QB doesn't use his feet, but it doesn't make him any less of a player. You have to have an open receiver to complete a pass!

I'd still take Montana over him, but when you have a top notch secondary playing with extra DBs like the Jets playing against a below average receiving corp, it's sometimes tough to find an open guy. They weren't blitzing, they just had 7-8 guys in the secondary covering 4-5 at all times. NE's running game wasn't that great and Brady can't make them pay for lack of pressure by running, so he needed to find an open man and it wasn't happening.