Tomorrow a Holiday for GVT workers

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
and we all know how well that's been working?
Instead of the nautical term, Flank Speed, maybe they should have called it Full Stop
Let's see, low bid the hardware (laptops can't handle all the crap they push)
Network can't find itself because it's so slow. Yes, use TEAMS, except one hiccup and it takes a dozen restarts to get connected again.
Was on a conference hosted by another branch (who shall go unnamed). They used Zoom for government and it worked pretty damn good.
Not the Navy, we have to reinvent the wheel. So unless you have a contract for someone else to host the meeting, it's dial in and distribute the charts. But wait. Nobody got the charts because emails were rejected or never received.
Yep, they sent an email, but like a tree falling in the forest, if nobody gets it does it really matter if it was sent.
Exactly. How many people are checking their email. I was and don't even need to go on base.

Flank Speed.... I was migrated last night. I was having issues with email this morning. After spending neatly an hour on the phone with NMCI, just to find out that my PIV didn't complete LAST WEEK when I did it. So now I have to take it on base and hardwire in and call them back. Today would have been a great day to do that, but nope. It's a holiday and unable to get into the spaces I needed to. They cherry on top is I have no access to someone's calendar that I manage until they are migrated. And they don't know when that will happy.

Me sigh...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I apologize to you all from the bottom of my blackened little heart for ever being a part of the living hell that those misguided fools put you all through on a daily basis. It's a bloody shame that EDS wasn't up to the task and it got passed off to HP. Please accept my sincerest apologies for ever being a part of that flustercluck.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I apologize to you all from the bottom of my blackened little heart for ever being a part of the living hell that those misguided fools put you all through on a daily basis. It's a bloody shame that EDS wasn't up to the task and it got passed off to HP. Please accept my sincerest apologies for ever being a part of that flustercluck.
😕 ???

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I worked for NMCI once upon a time. I thought that's what you all were talking about.
That's part of it. I somehow got on the list for a brand new laptop a couple of months ago. It's super fast. But this Flank Speed roll out is kinda FUBAR so far.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's part of it. I somehow got on the list for a brand new laptop a couple of months ago. It's super fast. But this Flank Speed roll out is kinda FUBAR so far.
I don't have any idea what Flank Speed is or does, I just know that when I was there, we deployed machines that were barely capable of running all the firewall and AV apps without locking up, much less having enough computing power left over to do any actual work.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Wasn’t there a woman down in Texas shot by a cop?
Breonna Taylor in Louisville Kentucky, to be exact.
What to Know About Breonna Taylor’s Death

Fury over her killing by the police in Louisville, Ky., fueled protests, and questions persist about how the botched raid unfolded.

The raid wasn't "botched". The wonderful boyfriend initiated the confrontation when the cops announced they were at the door. (but the media doesn't care for truth and details)

TPD

the poor dad
Breonna Taylor in Louisville Kentucky, to be exact.
What to Know About Breonna Taylor’s Death

The raid wasn't "botched". The wonderful boyfriend initiated the confrontation when the cops announced they were at the door. (but the media doesn't care for truth and details)
This is the one I was thinking of but now I see she hung herself in jail so I guess no holiday for her.