Tony Romo out...

Pete

Repete
Need a quarter, so you can call a WWWWAAAAAAAAH-bulance?

Screw them, the money they make they should amputate the damn thing and tell him to get his ass back on the field.

Ronnie Lott did that. Had a broken pinky, it required surgery that would put him out of the playoffs. He told them to cut it off, so they did. But Ronnie Lott didn't throw the ball.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...out-6-8-weeks/

Well, now the Cowboys need a quarterback and a punter. (Is Sammy Baugh still in shape? At 94, he’s not much older than Brad Johnson.)
Per Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys Mat McBriar will miss six-to-eight weeks, thanks to a fractured right foot.
McBriar suffered the injury as a result of the blocked punt that delivered victory for the Cardinals in overtime.
<!-- / message -->

Looking for a punter too...

BuddyLee

Football addict
So both Skins and Cowboys need punters!
Green Bay too.

Kansas City too.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...mill.html#more

Click link for entire article

Plackemeier, Miller Among Punters Coming In

The Redskins will invite several punters to try out to replace Durrant Brooks tomorrow but are competing in a shallow market with several teams in need. Green Bay (where ex-Skin Derrick Frost has faltered) and Dallas are among teams looking for punters, and some players the Skins liked were already lined up to try to win jobs elsewhere.

Ryan Plackemeier and Josh Miller are both scheduled to be in Green Bay today, and both are scheduled to be in Washington tomorrow, according to league sources. If one wins the job with the Packers, then he won't be here.

Also, another possibility, unconfirmed at this point, is Scott Player.

Here's a thumbnail on these guys:

Ryan Plackemeier, a 7th round pick by Seattle in 2006, punted there for 2 years while Zorn was QB coach. He was cut after one game this season and missed camp with a pectoral injury.

Josh Miller, 38, and with 12 years of experience (which would be a commodity the Skins would covet in this case, given the rough time with a kid punter). Spent a lot of time with Pittsburgh and New England and was with the Titans earlier this year. He had a few punts for Tennessee in 2007 and has also been trying out all over the place.

As for Scott Player, he's 38, also with lots of experience. Player is a 10-year vet who was with Cleveland last year and has been making the rounds in tryouts this season. Player is expected to be in Kansas City for a tryout; sources say the Skins have not contacted him.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

JoeR

A pussy?

Are you kidding me. Have you ever played that position? I was a QB in high school and then played some semi pro at that position as well as others (still do). A pinky on your throwing hand can make the difference. You can play with out your index finger on your throwing hand that can be off of the ball, the other four are quite damn important. I don't think he will be out for a month, but he will need two weeks atleast.

If you have never been in the position that this man or any athlete is in, then KMA. It is easy to sit there in your lazy boy and talk trash, I have played with two broken index fingers, and a torn ligiment in my throwing index finger. Players will play through pain, but there comes a time when you have to say it is better for the team for me to not go in there and not be able to throw a ball. Let someone else do it.

I would back anyone up, in any sport when it comes to this. Don't ever try to underplay the seriousness of an athletes injury unless you yourself have played through it!!!!

Glad to see someone on here who knows what their talking about. I remember a couple years ago Charlie Batch of the Steelers had the same thing happen. He said he could throw the ball, but was not able to take the snap from under the center, due to the ball slamming into his hand.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Glad to see someone on here who knows what their talking about. I remember a couple years ago Charlie Batch of the Steelers had the same thing happen. He said he could throw the ball, but was not able to take the snap from under the center, due to the ball slamming into his hand.
Oh yeah, you and Big_Poppa sure told everyone else with your football acumen.

Brett Favre called Romo and told him to play through the pain and Romo is going to heed that advice.

Can't play, eh?

Tony Romo Heeds Brett Favre's Advice, Tells Coaches He'll Play Sunday - NFL FanHouse<!-- google_ad_section_end --><NOINDEX>

Peter Forsberg

A pussy?

Are you kidding me. Have you ever played that position? I was a QB in high school and then played some semi pro at that position as well as others (still do). A pinky on your throwing hand can make the difference. You can play with out your index finger on your throwing hand that can be off of the ball, the other four are quite damn important. I don't think he will be out for a month, but he will need two weeks atleast.

If you have never been in the position that this man or any athlete is in, then KMA. It is easy to sit there in your lazy boy and talk trash, I have played with two broken index fingers, and a torn ligiment in my throwing index finger. Players will play through pain, but there comes a time when you have to say it is better for the team for me to not go in there and not be able to throw a ball. Let someone else do it.

I would back anyone up, in any sport when it comes to this. Don't ever try to underplay the seriousness of an athletes injury unless you yourself have played through it!!!!
I want to be like you when I grow up.