Top 5 QBs of all time

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Resisted the urge to put 9 up there, but of all the QBs listed, I enjoyed watching Sonny more. Probably cuz I am a skins fan and my age at the time. He is brought up less and less in these types of discussions.

What case is the against him? His field generalship, game awareness, will to win, accuracy, strength and team mate qualities and coach-ability, I'd take him over anyone, ever. Can you imagine him in today's rules? 80% completion. His arm would fall off....if it wasn't the greatest arm ever.

Grumpy

What case is the against him? His field generalship, game awareness, will to win, accuracy, strength and team mate qualities and coach-ability, I'd take him over anyone, ever. Can you imagine him in today's rules? 80% completion. His arm would fall off....if it wasn't the greatest arm ever.

Fair or not, the talking heads always refer to the 'modern era' (last 20/25 years). Granted, rules have changed, but #9 would have fared very well in the 'modern' era. The game was more fun in the 'ancient' era.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Fair or not, the talking heads always refer to the 'modern era' (last 20/25 years). Granted, rules have changed, but #9 would have fared very well in the 'modern' era. The game was more fun in the 'ancient' era.

I don't miss seeing QBs getting the living hell knocked out of them. And I don't miss dbs being able to mug their man from the snap on. Sonny would eat people alive if he knew he wasn't going to get blasted after letting the ball go and his receivers had all this space.

BlueBird

Was given??? Every player has to make due with what the team has built ,consider this would Brady be as good without Belichick ?

Montana
P. Manning
Brady
Elway
Jim Kelly

It's the other way around. Would Bellichick be as good with out Brady. What dod he do in Cleveland with out a Tom Brady?.

Brady is number one hands down. No QB has accomplished anything close to what Brady has accomplished except Joe Montana and he's the only one Brady should be duking it out with for top honors. Brady gets the a slight nod. Manning a solid number 5 on the list. With the teams he had he should have had 6 SB wins. If he did he would be number one.

PeoplesElbow

It's the other way around. Would Bellichick be as good with out Brady. What dod he do in Cleveland with out a Tom Brady?.

Brady is number one hands down. No QB has accomplished anything close to what Brady has accomplished except Joe Montana and he's the only one Brady should be duking it out with for top honors. Brady gets the a slight nod. Manning a solid number 5 on the list. With the teams he had he should have had 6 SB wins. If he did he would be number one.

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly but I swear I remember those teams not having half of the defense as New England.

Blister

So in the end all of these "greatest of all time" lists are just meaningless personal opinions. Unless they all had the same supporting players, coaches, owners, field conditions, rule books(interpreted by the same officials), weather, and any other variable anyone can dream up, no 2 players in any sport dealt with equal opportunity for success or failure.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So in the end all of these "greatest of all time" lists are just meaningless personal opinions. Unless they all had the same supporting players, coaches, owners, field conditions, rule books(interpreted by the same officials), weather, and any other variable anyone can dream up, no 2 players in any sport dealt with equal opportunity for success or failure.

Maybe so. However, if there is a position that can be comparable generationally it is qb.